Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, after reading many user reviews, i decided to get a psx to usb converter from radioshack. and a ps2 controller..
now i was wondering, does the converter support rumble? cause i've tried playing several games, and havnt noticed it any!! i've also installed the software that came with the converter..
when i goto, control panel..game controllers,it says usb dual vibration joystick, and inside, the is a panel called effects, which has a setting for rumble intesity, which i have put to full...but still nothing! :(

could some one help me out?
thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Does the rumble work with any pc game? If so, try testing rumble in PCSX with the harakiri pad plugin (with a game that actually supports rumble :p ). If it works, then it's a problem with the pad configuration on the ePSXe. Otherwise, it's probably a driver problem, try downloading the latest one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, tried it.. when i tried the test function for the rumble in the plug'in nothing happened!! and i tried it with need for speed underground 2, and Nba live 2005, nothing happened :(
bad drivers? the psx to usb is an original from radioshack, and the controller is an original ps2 dual analog controller!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
dvspriest said:
hmm, tried it.. when i tried the test function for the rumble in the plug'in nothing happened!! and i tried it with need for speed underground 2, and Nba live 2005, nothing happened :(
bad drivers? the psx to usb is an original from radioshack, and the controller is an original ps2 dual analog controller!!
I have the same setup as you. In the controller setup screen you have to set both rumbles to constant, i believe they are defaulted to 1 being constant, the other sine. Also the rumble function doesn't work unless both the controller and epsxe are set to analog.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay this is the config i get when i goto game controller in control panel..
could you tell me what exactly to try?
i've tried moving the slider at the bottom, from one end to the other, and keep it at the middle, still doesnt work :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rumble does work on the playstation emulators and also the N64 emulators. It will also work on regular pc games that support the rumble option. It sort of works like a thrustmaster joypad then. One thing I've noticed is the device does not like working with my "psone" controller but works just fine with my older playstation one analog controller (difference is unknown to me, except the psone controller came with the psone). Go figure, they look the same except for the colors, but that's that. I did use a ps2 controller on my unit, but I do not recall how well it worked. So If all things are considered and the ps2 analog controller does not perform well for you, go to EB games and pick up a used playstation one analog controller for $10 or less, which will work just fine. By the way this nifty device is great on PC games as It gives a ps consol feel to playing PC games without the hassel of conifiguring the controllers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only problem i've had with a PS2 controller is that when there is a particularly large rumble effect, it may pause the game for some unknown reason. But i'm not certain that that is because of the controller or the adapter, as i've never used a ps1 controller in it. Only thing i can think of that would cause it not to work is if you're using an outdated version of directx.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No I think is something more sinister than that. Honestly, my Direct X is current as forced into by the BIG "M" to play newer PC games. My psone controller will work just fine going through the playstation multitap on the usb adapter using epsxe, that is how I get up to for players for some playstation games. As a stand alone however, the psone gives me trouble whereas the playstation analog or older do not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm using dx9.c really can't figure out why its not working, everything else is fine!! just the rumble :(
Gonna see if i can borrow a ps1 controller from a friend before i go out and buy a new one, only thing is, where i am.. the ps1 is almost non-existent and its very hard to find the dual shock, controllers...you only find dual shock 2!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
dvspriest said:
okay this is the config i get when i goto game controller in control panel..
could you tell me what exactly to try?
i've tried moving the slider at the bottom, from one end to the other, and keep it at the middle, still doesnt work :(
I have this exact same problem with the radio shack psx usb converter. The pad works except for the force feedback. Installed the official radio shack driver 260-0304 and it brings up this screen when you go to control panel, game controllers, USB dual vibration joystick, properties, effects page. Now, I am pretty sure that the intent of this properties screen is to test the force feedback to ensure it works by moving the left analog.

Other details:
directx 9c
windows xp
standard sony dual shock 2 pad, tested on PS2 system.

What's the secret to getting force feedback to work on the radio shack psx to usb converter? Has anybody had success here?

·
Registered
416 Posts
uninstall the crap driver from radioshack, and install this driver . it will fix all software related issue with force feedback.

the random button pressing in applications when vibration is actived is caused by compatibility issue with ps2 controller. the only way to fix it is to use ps1 dualshock controller with radioshack adapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Holy cow this worked perfectly!!! Thanks, you are a king :). Radio Shack tech support were useless and I could not find anything on the net despite a ton of google searches.

Where did you find this driver, and what does BETOP stand for?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kingking 3rd said:
uninstall the crap driver from radioshack, and install this driver . it will fix all software related issue with force feedback.

the random button pressing in applications when vibration is actived is caused by compatibility issue with ps2 controller. the only way to fix it is to use ps1 dualshock controller with radioshack adapter.
I tried out these drivers, installed fine.... when i goto the control panel, Game Devices, the pad shows there, but when i goto properties, I cant read any of the options, its all squares :s (like dont have the supporting fonts)
anyhow i went to the last tab and tried the vibrate function which works... but i couldnt figure out what the second tab did, had all the buttons shown, and also had some pressable buttons.....

anyhow, i tried running epsxe and PSXeven with the Harakiri plugin which has support for feedback, but i didnt get any ingame.. and i tried some windows games, like Nba live 2005, and Juiced.. didnt get any feedback in those either!! Is there some other setting I must have missed?

·
Registered
416 Posts
betop is a company which makes pc gamepads. i found that a series of their gamepad uses similar chip as the radioshack psx adapter, and their driver is more advanced.

the second tab is used to change button numbers. you can ignore it. make sure you set controller to digital/analog, both motors to constant, type to dx joy1 in epsxe.
some games require the adapter to be the first or only device connected, or else forcefeedback won't work.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Unplug your other joysticks and gamepads. Or, if you must have them plugged in, plug them in first and your gamepad last. The last joystick or gamepad you plug in becomes joystick 1.

Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
hmmm, rumble still not working correctly. The SmartJoy setup utility only recognizes the right motor, but not left. I'm playing the beginning part of Megaman X5, being sure to turn on the vibration in the control settings, but no rumble whatsoever.

The RadioShack doesn't give out any rumble whatsoever. Any other suggestions?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts