Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem having windows recognize this device as a game controller. Instead, windows recognizes the device as an "Unknown Device". Sadly, the drivers that Radio Shack provides do not contain an inf file for the system to correctly recognize what it really is. On another computer, the device is recognized as a Universal Human Interface Device automatically without drivers even installed. Does anyone know how to remedy this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I did. I stated that the drivers that they provide don't come with an inf file or anything like that in order to install drivers for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same device as this and it works just fine without any installation problems for me. I'll have to check what drivers are running the device and post them. I'm shure I used the one that came with the floppy disk. I would try to re-install the drivers using the add hadware wizard.

Alright, here's how it is on my XP system.

For game controllers, it shows up as a USB dual vibration joystic from that you can configure your psx controller.

For the hardware settings is shows up as a USB Human Interface Device and an HID-compliant game controller under the Human Interface Devices section.

The drivers are all Microsoft, so on my machine I did not use the corresponding drivers of the floppy disk for the XP setup.

Driver Date: 7/01/2001 for both...

Driver Version: 5.1.2600.0 for both

Drivers:
hidclass.sys
hidparse.sys
hidusb.sys
hid.dll

This is what works for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts