Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , whatever how much you become good in something , time proves to you , that you are still know little .

Last week , I've known about a SNES game for an addon called Satellvision . Which is a text based RPG released by Squaresoft in 1996 . It was called Radical Dreamers . The name rings a bell for Chrono Trigger world fans . As that's the name of the song at the ending of Chrono Cross (You must hear that really) . And what was astonishing is that the game was said to be the real sequel of CT . So without hesitation I got the game and was ready to play it . And I was met with something good (not as CT or CC ofcourse , as it's just a text RPG ) .

The game revealed some secrets and teasers about CT (one of them is really sad to CT fans) . And it's actually a small part of CC , which shows that CC is the excelent conversion of this game from Text RPG to a full Graphical one .

Kid , Serge and Guile (this time named Magil) are there , trying to steal the Frozen Flame from Viper's Manor . As usual in CT world , there are 7 endings possible .

Actually I'm sure many of you know already about this game , and that I'm the one who was sleeping in an icy cave for many years :p .

Some facts , I want to refer to :

1) The Magil/Guile being Magus thing is greatly appearing here aswell (many thought guile is magus after playing CC) . I think Square put Magil as Magus in Radical Dreamers , but have changed their minds in CC (play the game and you'll know why , Magil is Magus , no doubt) .
(have added one of the proofs between pics attached) :)

2) Some of the music of the game is used as it is in CC . Battle theme is a good example .

3) Chrono cross contains this game inside , it even completes it's events .

Check some of the pics , i've captured . I removed the text in some to show artwork .

I've ripped one of the music pieces too . In spc format though . Winamp can play it with a specific plugin .

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Strider , that proves to myself that i'm right . While I don't think they put Magus out of CC because they ran out of time . I think they got him out because of different things . As you know they took much much big time for CC , what would stop them from talking some more time when compared to 5 years ? Magil was supposed to be Magus in their first thought of CC . But for some reason they changed their mind totally , and they changed his name to Guile and changed his Design as well (look at the pic s above and compare it with Guile) . While sharing the same characteristics and many other things they aren't the same design nor the same personality (slightly changed personality though)

Actually when I played CC at the start , I thought Guile is Magus really , but after that I knew he isn't for sure

*Spoiler

(At least he'd say anything after they save Schala)

*end of spoiler

But I really wanted him to be in their and to find Schala , the guy is one of my favourite characters ever . And I think fans wouyld appreciate it more if he was in CC :( .

Back to Radical dreamers , that game rocks for reading fans . It's very cool and boring at the same time , battles are repetitive and every monster has it's same order of killing , like : "duck" , then "ram it" then throw it on floor" for skeletons :p (Play the game , and you'll know what I mean ;) .

Maybe we'll have to wait for Chrono Break (If it'll ever exist) to see Magus again :) .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts