Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YAY! Finaly Got a new Card and was able to trash my 9550 :D Kindof sucks that this thing only has a 12 pixle pipe line, but it was the only one they had left.. Couldnt find any of the X800 XL's which is what i was actualy wanting, but 12 pixle pipe line is good for me :) btw, Does anyone know of a good software that displays your FPS and Ping information, and all that good crap on just about any game?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Try ATITool to unlock the extra pipes ;)

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Raiden1803 said:
yeah i know but i want something that can display my ping also :)
Thats more or less dependant on the game itself and the way the netcode is built. It really has to be built into the game and not in a seperate app.

·
カラム
365 Posts
Congrats on that new Card, dude.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, just bought a gig of ram. for some reason my mobo wouldnt let me use both this new stick and the 512 i already had in their, probley has something to do with the fact their diffrent brands? their both ddr so i thought it would work oO i didnt really read the full error message. something about the pin assignments being diffrent on the same channel. oh well. im thinking about buying another 1gig stick, but im wondering if thats just overkill..

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Raiden1803 said:
Hmm, just bought a gig of ram. for some reason my mobo wouldnt let me use both this new stick and the 512 i already had in their, probley has something to do with the fact their diffrent brands? their both ddr so i thought it would work oO i didnt really read the full error message. something about the pin assignments being diffrent on the same channel. oh well. im thinking about buying another 1gig stick, but im wondering if thats just overkill..

this is way off topic man.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ChaosCode said:
this is way off topic man.
so? who are you to spam partol, damn this is my own thread . besides i was asking in regards to the video card / gaming if it would be over kill. would you feel better if i edited my previous post and added that in their? damn...

edit
for lack of double posting, i started noticing the fan on the video card... this crackers real damn loud. specialy through games like battlefield 2 and such. i dont suppose anyone knows if this fan can be replaced with a quieter one or some sort of cooler?

·
カラム
365 Posts
It actually can. Many good coolers are out there, just search ;)

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
The silencer5 rocks, I would use it but my heatsink gets in the way. Raiden check the timings of the ram in your motherboard.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
hows that Artic cooler? i was actualy looking at that yesterday, i might buy it if i cant return this thing and get an X800 XL (damn things are still not instock, for some reason neither of the circuit city's close to me dont have it availble) if not then ill get the silencer, s the fan on the X800 XL just as loud?

edit
Off-Topic again, whoa what the hell. when i posted, it desided to post this thing 4 times for some reason.. had to delete em.. oO

Meh, edit again.
Yay found one for my card, its 35 bucks but hey. this is probley the one im gonna get. :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186129

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yay Finaly got my fan. the ATi Silencer 5 thing, suckers bigger then i thought it was. didnt have any problems installing it though, although i almost did the noob thing and not remove the little plastic cover under the gpu cooler (or whatever that was). :lol: So it seems to be working fine, im about to jump int BF2 and see how it runs in alittle while. but what are you guys using to monitor Temp settings on your video cards?

edit
oh crap...i feel like a noob, new this would happen. this huge ass fan is blocking me from geting to that damn switch thing on the agp slot to release the video card.. oO :lol: i know its their i just have to guess at what my finger is pushing down on and hope its the switch.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shinmajin said:
normally it clicks when its in all the way. and ya it is a big fan on my pc i had to get ata cables with smaller ends becouse thay were to big and i could not get it down till i did :p
Yeah i know, i got it in their good and fine its just getting it out now that makes it hard since i cant see the switch :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.