Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to setup a discussion for Radeon video card users with PJ 1.4. To help out newbies (and myself), I read the PJ 64 documentation and checked all the settings that would work best with my video card. My cpu is kinda weak but I still run the first zelda game at full speed ... most of the time :doh:

Here's my hardware setup:

CPU: Celeron 566mhz
Mem: 256 megs
Video: ATI Radeon LE 32mb

Software:

Windows 2000
video drivers: 3286
PJ64 1.4
Plugin: Jabo' Direct3d7 1.4

for all you new people:

be sure to list your hardware/software setup so we can know where problems may occur.

Here's some pretty pictures to help you out with the video plugin settings:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please feel free do discuss, I want this forum to be helpful for everybody. If anybody out there knows more or less...

I'll post more pics later with other configuration options if this thread is popular. For now, this is my end result, I think it looks pretty good, but can it get better? :argue:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Well,it looks really good to me,I don't see any difference graphically speaking compared to what I get on my sys,except that it runs at 1280x1024.
I'm really impressed by the fact that you can run at 30 fps(even if it's not fullspeed) on a celeron 566.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Rargh
Since you've ticked the "depth enable" box, fyi , ticking the depth compare box also fixes the halos glitch and is faster (since you've read the faq, you know what I mean).

bye
My main resource was the HTML help file that comes with the binary, I thought it gave some valuble insight

I'm always looking for more performance, are you saying I should have both the depth compare and enable boxes or just the compare?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just the compare, since the depth enable one does the work of the "compare" function and some depth writes function.
(btw, I, too have learned through this very interesting documentation)
The performance gain may be very slight
(Since it runs at full speed here, I couldn't see the difference, but it might be worth to try anyways)

Bye

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Raziel
Well,it looks really good to me,I don't see any difference graphically speaking compared to what I get on my sys,except that it runs at 1280x1024.
I'm really impressed by the fact that you can run at 30 fps(even if it's not fullspeed) on a celeron 566.
Yeah, I have to turn the sound off which sucks but it looks pretty good. I do have the upgrade itch though, I get paid on the 4 and I can do a serious upgrade for $300. Does your run at full speed on your system at that rez? BTW 1280x960 would look better because it's the correct aspect ratio for the N64.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There isn't any graphics difference w/ depth compare than depth enable here
(never tried to tick the two, but the second one is also doing the work of the first one as I said so..)

w/ depth compare: (no halos flickering at all)

·
Registered
4 Posts
PJ 64 not working

i just recently got PJ 64. the only 64 emulator that appears to some what work on my system. i am trying to run goldeneye. the startup is great, an it looks good, until i start the game. it then proceeds to freeze, lock up my CPU, and i have to hard reboot. i can't seem to get sound any more either. when i started, i did. yes i know my computer is probably crapy to play games with, but what else can i do. i have:

presario 4090us
windows ME
120 mb ram
AMD duron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.