Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my computer hooked up to the TV for some PSX emulation. It seems to have what looks like refresh lines running across the screen. They aren't moving fast they just kinda creep across from left to right and top to bottom. I'm running at 800x600 res on my TV which is capable of 1024x786. I've tried it a 640x480 too and it still has the lines. Is there anyway I can get rid of these? The television doesn't have them when I'm just normally watching TV.

Thanks,
Trigg

· Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
Are you using S-Video or Componet? Sometimes S-Video gets weird, not sure why. Also, is it a standard definiton TV or HDTV?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was using a S-Video to RCA Video adapter but I found just a regular S-Video to S-Video cord. So I plugged that in and checked the refresh rate which was sit at 85hz instead of the max 60hz so I dropped the frame rate and it looks like a million bucks. No more screen tearing or crazy lines. Thanks the help!

Trigg

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Ooh.. good advice. I've had the same issue and never thought about refresh rate. Thanks! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.