Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Hmm, I read that review. It seems the Radeon 8500 still needs a lot of work in the drivers section. In true gaming scenarios it falls short of the GeFoce 3 and only scores good in the theoretical scores. It's also missing the SmoothVision FSAA. I kinda get the feeling that the product was somewhat rushed at the end...

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
I think we should cut ATi some slack. They only recently got seriously into the 3D graphics scene and they're bound to make some mistakes. On the whole I think they're doing well, and giving nVidia some serious competition. Plus, ATi cards have superior 2D features and performance. Personally, I don't like the 16bit video quality of nVidia cards.

FSAA isn't all it's cracked up to be. 4XFSAA on my GF2 Pro doesn't make that big of a difference. I can still see plenty of jaggies, although they're less noticable and blurred out. FSAA may look good in still shots but it's a whole different story animated. Judging from screenshots, the FSAA quality of ATi and nVidia cards seem to be pretty much equal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts