Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does the sound of the music *partly* drown out some of the sound f/x in R-Type Delta (for example, the individual 'bullet' sounds can't be heard at all, yet power-ups are audible). I've adjusted the in-game settings to make the sound f/x louder but while it helps it doesn't help enough.

Note: I'm running the game from a .BIN file - much easier than running it from the original CD.

Any ideas please as to a way to lower the music volume? I've tried Mooby's CD plugin as I thought that also worked with ISOs/BINs but no luck.

Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you get the music in-game but it's not on your original CD as regular CD tracks, then the problem is not CDDA sound as your game doesn't use that.

Not having the game, the best I can tell you is to try other settings in your sound plugin and try other sound plugins. You could also try adjusting the "SW Synth" volume in your Windows volume control panel, but I'm not sure that will have any effect. Whether that setting has an effect might depend on the sound plugin.

Additional help will have to come from someone more familiar with the innards of PSX sound emulation or someone who owns the game.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.