Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This game is working for me just fine except for one problem: when I try to load a save state, I just get a blank screen. I'm still hearing the audio from that state, but no video. I've tried toggling, but can't seem to get it. Anyone know a quick fix?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
it just means that saves states dont work... in case you didnt know save states in epsxe isnt perfect, it is always better to just use memory cards because i cant believe how many people saying they having save state issues when it is never 100% perfect on any emu, its a conviniece but it is something that should never be relied on

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
save states aren't supported by all games.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I played this game a few years ago and don't recall having any issues with save states. When I press F2, I'm able to see the save screen in the small window, so I know that screen has been "saved" at least. I'm hoping it's some minor setting I'm missing. If anyone knows how to correct it, I'd be obliged. Worst case scenario, I'll have to overcome my save state addiction. :)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
well like others have said, dont rely on save states, its better if you trust us on this one because you dont want to run into the reason why we say this yourself.

save states are nice and all but they are rather unstable, and you dont want them going FUBAR when playing games, especially long ones like RPGs where you have usually devoted hours upon hours of your time to make even small amounts of progress.

if you are going to use them, at least make some sort of backup save via memory card every now and then, that way you have something to fall back on if things were to take a turn for the worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get that. I still save my game through conventional means, but I would still like to be able to use the save state feature if I can.

If anyone can actually tell me how I can get this to work, I would be very appreciative. Otherwise, I'll just play the game as is.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you might need to load from a memory card first and then make/load a new save state before it starts working again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.