Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw a thread about using a keyboard or gamepad for playing games. I have a stinky compUSA controller that is essentially a PSX pad without start, select, and I can't press more than 2 buttons at a time. I need USB power AND I want to use a real psx pad.

I've seen adds for adapters and such. I hear the one that ePSXe advertises seems kinda pricey. I don't know for myself as the english page is far from informative. Well I was only able to click thru 2 pages, one being an explanation and the other a short compatability list of sorts. And not to mock the japanese but the only way I can find out more is if I was to ,"e-mail us and we will be grad to answer your e-mail." HA! Grad. Aww jeez they get me every time.

Anyways if someone could point out some quick links for adapters. Dual shock capability isn't necessary but preferable.

Thx for taking the time to read this,
snow

S

·
0 Posts
You might want to try the USB to PSX cable made by Pelican Accessories. That is what I use. It works perfectly w/my actual PSX Dual Shock controler. The only downside is that it does not support rumble. I would try looking for one at a vdeo game or computer store near you. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
136 Posts
My PSJoy adaptor does, you can get one from Lik Sang (someone pointed that URL out a while ago?)
Cost me £18 for it and get it to the UK! and only took a few days to get here!
Well worth it too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you need any drivers to use it? There doesn't seem to be any at the site. Otherwise I think I'm gonna get that one.

Sxamiga I found a pelican accessories with google but they didn't offer any USB converters. Do you have a url I could follow?

Thx again,
snow

UPDATE:Gah! I'm a moron. Forgot to scroll down...heh. I saw the drivers. $12! What a steal! THx one last time!

·
Registered
136 Posts
NP!
You dont, but you do if you want to configure the rumble settings (you still get it without, well I did with Windows ME and XP Beta 2), you just can't change the options! you do get a driver disk with it too! it was a bit of a pain to install the drivers though! I dunno whether that was because my OSes had already knew what it was and wanted those drivers! but if you do get it and find that windows doesn't find the driver on the floppy, then let me know and I'll tell u how to get around it!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
another Q that is A way too F, get it? :D

Well, can you write this kinda info down somewhere in PSXEmu.com?

for the time being, here we go again:
There is a shit load of different USB to PSX adapters. But be careful, because most of them are made by very small companies. So if it breaks, good luck fixing it yourself.

As for the brand name ones:
- The one sxamiga has, by Pelican Accessories, is out of production. Although they're still a reasonably healthy company so they'll probably try to support you.
- Another one is by CCL Video Game Co., Ltd. They're Taiwanese, but they're quite big and have their own website:
http://www.ccltw.com.tw/p8.htm
note: there are two versions of their adapters, one with shock, and the other without. Both support NegCon steering wheel format as well, something extra compared from other brands.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks takwu, I did not that they had stopped producing it. I'll stop reccomending it if it can't be found. I'm gonna keep mine though.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts