Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, now.. If I recall correctly, PSX games' textures are on a 640 x 480 resolution. Which means, if I extend my emulator screen beyond that, my laptop will stretch the textures. I figured running the game at full screen at 640 x 480 would do something out of sheer curiosity, but.. of course, still stretched textures. Considering how my laptop is a massive 1920x1200 pixels (and I have enough computer power to run my PSX games at that resolution with settings maxed out with Pete's OpenGL 2.7) I was wondering if there are any ways to make the texture look better, sharper, or clearer.. farfetched, I think, but I find it disorienting that I have sharp 3D graphics on a pixelated setting--takes away from the feeling, you know? Anyway.. yeah :p If anyone could help, thanks :D

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Whatever it looks better or not could be debated, but there are a lot of filters to try and help it, and even some shaders, just experiment with the filter and shaders setting in the OGL2.7 plugin.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
run it with Peops Soft GPU. that's as close to PSX as you're gonna get. you can use shaders like chankastrules said to blur it up, i suppose. the best you're gonna do is blurring it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.