Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that usually games would run better when booted from an iso, mounted or otherwise on epsxe and the like for psx emulation, and i'm gonna assume it's the same deal for ps2 emulation with pcsx2, and based on that assumption, i have a question :)

i've got xp on a partition with bootcamp and as a graphic design student who uses mac os x far more than xp, i've given the xp partition a much smaller portion of my hdd. since the two partitions are formatted differently (xp as NTSC, mac os x as FAT32), i can't access the other hard drive space from the other os. i've been running off of the disc so far, but my question is that if i were to make an iso of the disc, and loaded them into pcsx2 from my 16gb usb flash drive, would that... you know, work? or would the program not be able to access the info quickly and properly enough from a usb 2.0 slot?

of course, there is plenty of room on the partition to have a few iso's on it regardless if need be, i'm just aiming to save the partition for other things and programs.

alternatively, though i know this is probably not the best place to ask, but seeing as it's on topic, mostly, would it be possible to create a third partition that would allow me to access things stored on it, such as iso's or music and videos, from either os? i'm not sure if there's a magic third formatting method that would allow me to do that, but i'm inclined to inquire, as, of course, i can access my flash memory from either os.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
obviously preferrable, but unfortunately unfeasable.

i suppose i should've mentioned that when installing xp with bootcamp on a mac, you only have the option to format the partition to FAT32 if it's under 32gb in size, whereas mine is at 50gb, so i as forced into NTSC :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.