Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you think you spent on each CD (those that have beaten it, include the time it took) and those who haven't please put down how long for each CD and total time so far.... I bought a PSX last week just for FF9 and I bought 9 today.. so is it gonna last me a while?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
FF IX isn't very long, but it's not short either. I spent about ten hours per disk, with about fourteen or so on disk 1, for about forty-four hours. But I didn't bother with the extra stuff really, so you may take longer if you're one of those must get every secret kind of players.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool... and for goodness sake WHERE IS THE STORY?!?!?! I haven't really seen a main plot yet... (I'm in the town by the soutern gate right after the Ice Caver) Am I getting close to finding out the main plot? But 40-50 hours is about right for me probably, I'm glad it's not really long or really short.. I have a life and don't want to spend like90+ hours on it until summer vacation but a game that is that long would be cool this summer! I just want it to be a good game!

·
Registered
462 Posts
The main plot doesn't really begin until the end of CD 1. But in my opinion it's got a pretty weak plot at best. FF9 is not a bad RPG but there are certainly better out there.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I unfortunately have to concur with particleman. Not only does the plot get started pretty late (like FF8), but it's not very good. In a lot of ways it's the weakest plot elements of Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 8 combined. That doesn't mean there aren't any good moments, it's just they are few and far between...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
It took me about 66 hours according to the clock.

*******SPOLIER*************************************
(it took me forever to find all the chocographs and I never could defeat ozma)

I quite liked it. However given the fact that the logo involves a crystal I felt that this should have played a more important role.
************END SPOLIER****************************

·
Registered
80 Posts
I totally agree - the crystal link was so underplayed - I took about 45 hours to finish it and I don't remember hearing one single mention of crystals (excluding the fact that the summons required a crystal to use). What a downer.

Sorry to say it but FF9 was the worst of the Playstation FFs (still very, very good, but not as good as it should have been - where was the story? Where were the baddies? Kuja was a wimp and Necro - where did he spring from? They should have stuck with Brahe - she was EVIL in the early part of that game.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It took me about 60++ hours to complete the game. The chocobo's side quest took up a lot of time. And OZMA..that POS took me 30++ mins to deafeatl. He is REALLY tough. The final boss can't compare even slightly to him.
Anyway, I don't think i really understand the end of the story. The crystal and all...(oops..forgot to mention it's a spoiler)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts