Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

· General of Tangerines
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some quick impressions of a few anime titles base on first episode viewing.

Title:Love Hina
Genre: Romance Comedy
Impressions: It's really funny. Usually I find romance shows to be slow moving. To my surprise, the pace in Love Hina is quick enough to hold my interest.
Rating: 4.5/5

· General of Tangerines
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Title:Noir
Genre: Action Drama
Impressions: There's been a lot of buzz about this title from the anime circle and I can see why.

The show is very stylish. The way people are killed in this show is very poetic.

The music is a blend of violins and chorus singing which creates a classic feel to the show.

I sometimes wish that music in American cartoons sounded as good as some anime music I have heard.

The only thing I didn't like about the show was it seems to be missing some background content in the first episode.

Other than that it seems to be shaping to be a good show.

Rating: 4.0/5

· General of Tangerines
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GATE OPEN!

Title: Gate Keepers
Genre: Science Fiction
Impressions: The story in Gate Keepers deals with a team of high school students trying to stop an alien invasion.

Overall the storyline in Gate Keepers is not new. This idea has been done many times before in anime.

Nonetheless I like the series so far. Despite the fact the story takes place in 1969, there's seems to be a cheesy 1950s science fiction feeling to it. The whole idea of the Alien Invaders in Gate Keepers reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The animation in Gate Keepers is up to OVA quality. Studio GONZO known for Blue Submarine No. 6 on the Cartoon Network, combines CG and 2D animation together in Gate Keepers pretty well in this series.

There's a touch of Sailor Moon in Gate Keepers to the fact when the Invaders are destoryed they turned to crystals.

I give Gate Keepers a 4 because the story doesn't break any new ground, but the story so far has been executed well.

I am looking forward to watching more.

Rating: 4.0/5

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Title:Cowboy Bebop
Genre: Action/Comedy
Impressions: This anime is EVERYTHING you need, it looks awesome, it sounds awesome, it has tons of wonderfully designed characters with interessting personalities, a believable carefully designed universe surounding them, it got awesome action scenes, space battles as well as martial arts, just enough comedy to round it up, it got Drama, even a bit of Horror at times, great story, well, overall its just FUN to watch. the series is mostly episodic, so you can watch the several episodes by themselves, the main story is mostly about the several characters pasts. but i recommend to watch the new cowboy bebop movie to get started first, because the actual start of the series doesn't work out that great before episode 5 and actually made me hating that series at first...
Rating: 5/5 (yeah, it's REALLY that good)

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Title:Trigun

Genre: Action/Comedy

Impressions: This series is awesome. Its about Vash the Stampede, a wanted criminal, and this guy is probably my favorite anime-character of all time. Noone's as insane as him ^_^
Being mostly funny at first, after about half time through, the series becomes completely dark and serious, once the main plot unfolds, it's really hard to stop watching again...
The big backdraw is that the animation isnt all that great, sometimes it looks really cheap, which is a shame, since the stories usually are interessting to absolutely brilliant ;) at least the music is great

· <B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
umm, If I give a review of all the anime's I have, it'l take me months.. :heh: hehe.. Kenshin OVA .. watch it and weep (literally).. :p

Rating: 6/5 ;)
Genre: Action/Drama

Macross Plus OVA/Movie, Mononoke Hime, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Video Girl AI, Perfect Blue, Ranma 1/2 OVA/Movie/TV, Record of Loddoss War, Yu Yu Hakusho Movie/TV, Vampire Hunter D 2000, Kiki's delivery Service, Evangelion TV/Movie (end), Patlabor 2, Patlabor (movie), Flame of Recca, FY, Boys Be, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo.., Sol Bianca, El Hazard, Key the Metal Idol, Rayearth, Urutsukidoji ;), Blood, Bubblegum Crisis, Trigun, Macross Eps/OVAs/Movies, Vision of Escaflowne, CCS, X-the Movie, Ah My Goddess OVA, Love Hina, CB, Golden Boy OVA, Marmalade Boy Movie, Slam Dunk, You're under Arrest and so and and so forth! (i can't remember anymore).. hah.. hah!.. :heh:

I give them 4.5/5 and Recommend them all! :D

· General of Tangerines
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lost Universe=Lost Budget

Title: Lost Universe
Genre: Science Fiction
Impressions: Lost Universe has sometimes been referred to as "Slayers in Space" and the show has some good concepts.

There's Sword Carrying Luke/Han Solo type character, there's a cute A.I. and a sharp shooter.

Unfortunately Lost Universe is also referred to as the "Lost Budget".

The production values for the show is really bad.

You know something is wrong when the animation quality degrades by the second episode. Eg. a car chase scene where the motocycles looks like they were moving at 1 frame per second.

Then there's some scenes where the animation is reused over again in the next scene.

The CG for the ship really sticks out like a sore thumb against the 2D animation.

I really tried to like Lost Universe, but the pacing of the show is too slow to keep me interested.

I got up to episode six and I didn't feel like the story had developed.

It feels like the production show was done in some cheap Chinese labour animation factory.

Lost Universe is one of those anime that had good concepts on paper, but the execution was crap.

Rating: 2.0/5

· Registered
1,892 Posts
Originally posted by RZetlin
Here's some quick impressions of a few anime titles base on first episode viewing.

Genre: Romance Comedy
Impressions: It's really funny. Usually I find romance shows to be slow moving. To my surprise, the pace in Love Hina is quick enough to hold my interest.
Wrong.......
Rating: 11/10 :D

· Heh...
2,829 Posts
I've never laughed so hard at an anime, than I did with Love Hina. That's a really good anime even though there's some episodes that slow down in terms of getting along with the story. Overall I'll give this anime a 4.5/5. Nothing is perfect in my opinion, thus it didn't a 5 but I highly recommend it.

· Heh...
2,829 Posts
Kenshin

Title: Rurouni Kenshin

Genre: Action/Drama/Some Comedy------> Circa Late 1800s probably, Samurai style of anime

Impressions:

Good: The layout of the anime, meaning the story(stories) is great; the mix between action, drama and comedy is well thought out and executed.

The characters are unforgettable. You'll wish sometimes (I know I did) to be part of the anime just to interact with these characters. Even the bad guys you won't forget.

The drawings are beautiful too. It doesn't look like some cheap American Saturday morning cartoon. :) It's up there when it comes to drawings.

Music is splendid! It's not rock or loud, it's just mood music. In other words, the music fits the right occasion. Mostly instrumental music.

Bad: Um, can't think of none right now. :) It's really hard for me to find any bad thing to say about this anime.

Overall: Kenshin is a classic, in my opinion. If you like anything that is anime, you'll love Kenshin.

Rating: 9/10 (Perfection doesn't exist in my opinion, but this is damn close!)

Oh yeah, Sanosuke rules!!!

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Evangelion 5/5

Uh....its fun?
and...uh...its good...and uhh....its just...uhh.... 5/5 :)

· Heh...
2,829 Posts
Evangelion 5/5

Uh....its fun?
and...uh...its good...and uhh....its just...uhh.... 5/5
I thought it was good, but not great. It's certainly not an anime for everybody. It's more intellectual than anything else. I would give it a 3.5/5. It wasn't for me, I guess, not that I'm saying I'm stupid or anything. :)

It's like Gundam Wing in my opinion, blah, blah ,blah, blah.

Sorry if I'm bashing them, they're just not my cup of tea.

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
5/5

This is a great anime and it actually has a very stunning nice story. :) Except the main character Onizuka is weird. :)

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Originally posted by Nash
Hey peoples...Are there any anime painters here? Mybe somebody drawing anime pics? If yes post them here and we will see how good you are in painting:D
Im not so great at water painting but I can color with markers and draw pretty well. Took few years of art class. :)

· Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by ToM_E

Im not so great at water painting but I can color with markers and draw pretty well. Took few years of art class. :)
Have already seen your homepage... Are those pics all made by you?... They are cool...I liked them :) As for me Im interested in water painting especially of landscapes, portraits and other cool stuff :) Here's one of my old pics...(of course your pics are more better:))

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Thats from the animation GTO. I dont have a scanner so I cant upload any of my art work. :(

· Registered
1,935 Posts
That's pretty friggin good, Nash. Boy, Doctor, Painter, English speaker... Nash can do it all!

REVIEW: LOVE HINA

9/10

Sometimes funny, sometimes touching, always interesting. The plot twists keep you guessing without seeming cheap. Some episodes drag a little and don't advance the greater storyline at all (the one with the stolen money, for example), but those ones are few.

The animation is quite good, at least as far as I can tell with all the compression artifacts I get from watching it on my comp :mad:

At episode 10 or so, the soundtrack suddenly switches from pop-ish to classical for no apparent reason. However, the change is definitely for the better as the moody and melancholy string pieces greatly add to the overall experience.

The characters, too, are extremely well thought-out. They all receive great background and characterization so you really get a feel for who they are. Every char has a distinct personality that gets a chance to display itself in every episode.

All in all, a great series. Can't wait for the new eps to be fansubbed ;)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.