Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I wondering if someone could plz tell me what the requirements for the ps2 emulator to run games like RE4 and MGS series games. And same with the ps1 emulators. I have had no success in running any games on my computer since i started dl'n all these emulators and games and plugins and .dll's and i wondering if my computer is the problem or am i just configuring the epsxe proggy wrong for the games i'm trying to play i've been looking through the forums for answers for about 7 hours to no avail and if someone with the knowledge of these things could give me a few answers, there time would be greatly appriecated

My Comps Specs 2.6g Celeon Proc 512 DDR ram 64m PCI cheapy Vid card :heh:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Emulation of any recent or demanding systems, like the Playstation 2 or Gamecube, are out of the question. It'd be way too slow. You'd need to overhaul everything and basically get a new system.

Sega Saturn emulation is possible, but probably not ideal. I had some 2-D games (namely, Iron Storm) running fine on a system that was a bit faster (Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 1GB of RAM, and a GeForce 6800GS AGP), but some 3-D games I tried (at least Virtua Fighter 2) were buggy and/or slow. This was a long time ago though. Things may be different now.

Emulation of the Playstation and Nintendo 64 is possible and practical, but if that's really an IGP, or if it's a low end PCI card (like a GeForce FX or a Radeon 9200 or something), visual settings and plug-ins will have to be lower.

Emulation of previous consoles (Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Nintendo, most handhelds, etc.) should be fine.

Outside of wanting enhanced visuals or the latest emulated systems, you don't need a whole lot just to get them running full speed with great compatibility and decent visuals. My old Dell with a Pentium III emulates about as well as I just described yours probably would, basically.

·
Registered
146 Posts
maybe u should try PC version of those games (mgs 1-2, RE 3-4) ,its less demanding requirement than ps2 emulator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.