Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the latest drivers for tnt2 m64 ?
Can anyone give me the url ?

Thanks in Advance to whom anyone who helps.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just realized surfing on the net that 12.90 detonator drivers are out. My question is if I can use this drivers with my nvidia tnt2 model 64/Model 54 pro video card. Thanks :d

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
The latest developed detonators are not optimized for the use with Riva TNT Models.They are only for G-Force Models.The best ones developed for TNT2 are the Detonators 6.34

Updating your drivers to 12.90 will not do any good for U

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odd....
With 12.90 drives my card is working better than before.

But where could I get 6.34 drivers ?

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
liaqatali, where did you get the info on 6.34 being the best for TNT2? I read an article a while back by a tester for nVidia that was comparing drivers for the Diamond Viper V770 Ultra(TNT2 Ultra) and he found 7.58 to be the best detonator. I don't remember the website though. I'm asking because I don't think 6.34 was in the tested drivers so maybe they are better than 7.58.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Actually I was recently reading an article in which they gave a comparison between different detonators.........I cannot remember which site it was.......But I will search that article that post that URL over here.......so that U can read it your self.

In that article although the Detonator 6.34 was not the best.........but I know that for sure that the Det 7.58 was not stated as a good detonator...........!

The Best ones for TNT2 were in Fives............I can't remember which one it was.Let me search for that article.It had some figures and graphs.After that articel I decided not to use any of those dets.Now I am using the original drivers of Asus.........they are working better then those detonators

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
peteOGL gives the better results w/ nvcards.
But since i ve seen all sort of posts in the epsxe troubleshooting forum w/ tnt2 and peteOGL...
Well, try w/ peteD3D (DX7) if the ogl plugin does not work...

Bye

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,when I had my TNT2,the game were crappy with OGL,but were running fast with D3D,so I would advise you to use Pete's D3D Plugin.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
opengl rules on my 3d card....I would rather suggest U to use opengl.I play games like Atlantis,Dino crisis,GT2,smackdown2!.......these games are running pretty good....!......As of my experience I would suggest U to use the opengl plugin

S

·
0 Posts
Dhkim, if, as you say, your card is working better than ever before using the 12.90 Detonator drivers. Why change them? I would advice you to leave them alone. Just because a certain driver is not reccommended for your card, does not mean that it won't work w/your card and very well too. If you change drivers, you just might see a performance decrease instead of an increase. If they are working well, just leave them be. Of course the choice is yours.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
You're quite welcome dhkim. Glad to help in any way I can. BTW, my screen name is sx/amiga. sx=SX64/amiga=Commodore Amiga.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by dhkim
Thanks, xsamiga.
You're always so helpful.
Haha! maybe he was assuming that you had played a few too many amiga games, so he was calling you excess amiga. :D

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oops sorry !!!
sxamiga, I checked twice to see if I wrote your nickname well but I guess I was a little asleep. Sorry !!!
But now I know what your nick means.
But what is SX64 ?

You're too funny, Adair mmmm
LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts