Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if it's possible to run two DeSmuMes playing a same game, but different languages at the same time?

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
It is not possible the way you probably want, as desmume won't get input while its not in the foreground. That is a reasonable request though, as I think some emulators permit this. So maybe you should add it to the feature requests.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
as long as it is a togglable option of course :p

·
Registered
828 Posts
Anyway, there would be a few problems:
1. the desmumes would have to be in separate folders, otherwise the settings of each one would conflict with eachother
2. The sound outputs of both desmumes would conflict, unless you mute one of them.
3. Desmume still needs a good computer to run acceptably. My computer (Core 2 Duo E8500) can barely run one desmume at a reasonable framerate, depending on the game, with no frameskip though. So two desmumes would be slow unless you have a super-beast computer.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
An E8500 should hardly be struggling with DeSmuME in most games...as far as DeSmuME's processor core usage is concerned my system is weaker than yours yet 95% of the time everything runs perfectly with power to spare so an E8500 should be getting even better.

·
Registered
828 Posts
In most cases, it runs over 60 fps. But it can slow down to 50 fps in the worst cases.

By the way, when I open a tool window, it's noticeably slower. That's the worst problem I've ever met, getting those windows to constantly refresh without causing a huge slowdown... but I'm going offtopic.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The topic was over as soon as zeromus posted so there's nothing to go off from.
Yes I admit, I don't usually run debug tools and they could place a greatly increased strain on the system causing it to deviate from it's usual emulation performance.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is not possible the way you probably want, as desmume won't get input while its not in the foreground. That is a reasonable request though, as I think some emulators permit this. So maybe you should add it to the feature requests.
Thanks. I just added it. Although I know the concept of this feature, I don't know how to put it into words in a correct way. I've done my best.
Link to the artifact.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
Thats good enough. What you want is background input.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct, sir. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.