Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a router set up and everything is running fine. my internet connection runs through both computers and i can even share between computers. however when i go to play a LAN game (age of empires 2) it wont work. only one computer will show that theres an available game, though it doesnt actually play the game. instead it sends a message saying that it couldnt connect to the host. so im just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before. i have quite literally spent the last 8 hours looking for solutions, and now im going to sleep in hope that when i wake up some brain will come along with the answer. thanks

ps: both computers are vista

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've shut down the windows firewall, and also unchecked everything i saw when it came to my BitDefender program.... i dont actually know if theres an option to shut it right down but if there is i can try that too. thing is, i dont know which of the two computers in the network is the problem...

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Are both computers connected to the router, or is only 1 computer connected to the router, and bridging 2 lan-ports?

If it's the former, open TCP-ports 2300-2400, 47624 and UDP ports 2300-2400 on the router.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not entirely sure what you mean by that, im not real familiar with all this. however, i do know that both computers are hooked up to the router through ethernet cable, though one is laptop and is also connected through wireless. so i assume i qualify for the first one.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
im not entirely sure what you mean by that
What he means is that wired lan connections have more to do with the router than the PC. Just because it's connected doesn't mean it's "connected", the router has filters and blocks on it's ports internally. Contact or research information on how to open ports on your router so you can run programs through both computers.

If the router has blocked ports, it won't share games between both computers. You'll need to program what ports are for what game and what firewalls and protections you want to run from the router but this isn't a windows setting, you'll have to find your Router's IP adress and get into it via firefox or IE.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Alternatively you can use hamachi, I use it with my GF a lot and it can make the process a lot easier at times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts