Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the low fps on this emu when run a game . I know the emulation is complex and hard to did that,so I will not complain it ,I have read the rule.

I played a pc game ,its config contains a option called "Frame rate correction"
.when its on,the game will run in full speed,but it runs not smoothly .If its off,
the game runs slow about 1/3 of real time (like this emu) . Is that function
uses something like real time clock of pc ?

If this emu can use the function like that and success,the emu can run full speed and it will save me a lot of time to play game on the emu. That is my suggestion only ! I want to try it myself . But I failed to compile the emu because I got many errors while compiling .

I have seen some another console emu.I found 1 emu have added nearly that
function in.I run it with 15~20 fps but run with full speed.That is I hope the
new function can use in next release.

I think that may useful until pc is fast enough to run full speed without it.

That my first post..and someone can tell me how to compile version 0.81 src?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
You are describing frame skipping which is implemented in the GSsoft plugin already.Even if there was an option to use such huge frameskipping (from ~15fps to ~60fps) you would actually miss most frames of the game making it quite unplayable as it is with 15fps.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
IMTX103V said:
I played a pc game ,its config contains a option called "Frame rate correction"
.when its on,the game will run in full speed,but it runs not smoothly .If its off,
the game runs slow about 1/3 of real time (like this emu) . Is that function
uses something like real time clock of pc ?
Frame rate correction will do nothing else but drop out frames in order to achieve fullspeed.

Not sure how pcsx2 would behave with an option like that but I imagine that actually drawing the graphics takes the least amount of CPU power compared to the complex emulation, therefore it would only allow minimal performance gain.

cvs versions and compiling are not supported by this forum afaik, cant help you there.

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
FPS Limit is useless if the neck is in CPU, like PCSX2.
If you put a FPS limit to the game, the graphics wont show that frame but the EE and VU will have to do their job.

FPS limit is like setting the GSdx9 to "No render", the video output doesn't render like a FPS limit skipping all the frames. But the emu goes at the same speed (maybe 0-15% gain) cos the "core" has to be rendering.

Totaly useless at this stage.

NOTE: In GSoft is useful cos the plugins use the CPU to render. And you can gain 50% or more with this option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.