Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the secret that makes the vgs more compatible than other emulators , and cant you just check its coding so you can make use of it to help you with epsxe .
thanks to you for your hard work , and for offering it for free .

S

·
0 Posts
I don't think that the ePSXe team would do that since the code is most likely copy righted and owned "now" by Sony. If they tried to look at the code to gain insight into what makes VGS so compatable, Sony would probably accuse them of trying to steal the code and try to sue them. Also VGS was, in a large part, reverse engineered and ePSXe, as far as I know, isn't.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Also it has a software only gpu hence there are no bugs due to trying to improve the graphics to stop games from running.

C

·
0 Posts
CVGS's BIOS emulation is Reverse-Engineered, ePSXe has no BIOS Emulation, as far as I recall.

They are both reverse-engineered, in most aspects, just not in that one.

BTW- The only way the ePSXe team would get VGS's source would be a disassembler, which would be useless.
Not to mention most authors are quite respectful with each other, even when a little 'competition' is going on.
And source code stealing is considered the mother of all offences you can perform against an author.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts