Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I have put this question in the good subject...

In the PSX documentation project written by Joshua Walker, it is indicated that the PSX has 6 hardware interrupt and 2 software interrupt. The Cause Register of the Cop0 has 8 bit dedicated to these interrupts.

Now my question, what are these interrupt and which bit in the Cause register controls which interrupt. There should by a VBlank interrupt, a CDRom interrupt but I don't know the others and I have no idea which bit controls which interrupt.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please give me some info. As you can see, I'm working on something that looks like an emulator but the doc project of Joshua lacks some small details like this one. ( Being the best doc on PSX out there anyway )

·
Registered
19 Posts
As you can see, I'm working on something that looks like an emulator but the doc project of Joshua lacks some small details like this one. ( Being the best doc on PSX out there anyway )
mmm...look a bit harder, i definitely wouldnt say its the best, although covers some of everything. Keep looking around, but I can tell you that bit 10 of the status register is the only interrupt bit you'll need to worry about...at least in the status register ;)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well actually the emu authors donot visist these boards regularly.The one person the you should consult is

PETE DA VINCI..........oh no Leonardo DA burnet......oh no, sorry I mean Leonardo DA Vinci.....wait......?..... he is dead.......oh no Pete Burnett......yeah he is alive....hehe..............just Kidding..............!

Consult pete man......!

·
Registered
19 Posts
mmm....pete's page won't have any info on that type of stuff, and although pete _might_ know that type of info, he probably isn't your best resource. Your best resource is gonna be the docs of those pioneers of the psx or your own explorations with coding ;) Believe it or not, pete is not the answer to all lifes questions :D (no offense pete if you do read this;)

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Believe it or not, pete is not the answer to all lifes questions
I agree! Amen :)

About the interrupts: no idea, ehehe... well, the spu is using one as well...
but for that kind of information you should contact a main emu coder
like calb from epsxe, roor from Adripsx, linuzappz from pcsx or ldchen from
fpse (to name a few) :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.

By the way, Pete, is there a way to show the frame buffer instead of the screen using one of your plugins? Theres no 'debug mode' in the plugin interface so I guess that the answer is no. I'm asking anyway to see if there isn't a hidden function in your DLLs.

I'm making a small debugger using the CDR and GPU plugins, optimizing for precision and not speed.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
In Lewpy's Glide plugin is some 'show vram' feature, you can access it by pressing SHIFT (or CTRL?... well, try it :))

My OpenGL plugin also has a 'show vram' mode, but that's only accessible in the debug versions of the plugin, the debugging functions are not available at all in the release versions, sorry (the debugging stuff makes my plugin slower, of course, and if you don't know what you are doing you can easily crash your system, so I will not release a debugging version, nono).

The Soft plugin makes screenshots of the whole vram, though... if you press F8 the current vram will be saved as a RGB bitmap in the "snap" subdirectory. Maybe you can use that feature (your small debugger could load that file and show it into some window of your own...)

·
Registered
19 Posts
mmm...has many more hardware interrupts than 6...dma+3 root counters+sio+spu+vblank+cdrom+pio>6 :D and i believe there are between 16-32 of these bits. It all has to do with the interrupt and interrupt mask registers. anyway, look at the msg i sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts