Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is something I noticed, but I never found out why. I have the Platinum version of Ape Escape (PAL), but when I run it off the CD, it does not work, in the sense that there is no controller response...at all. Why?

I make an image of it, and run from it....it works perfectly! I can play the game with my gamepad perfectly! Now, why? I tried with other plugin based emu's, obviously CVGS has no analogue support, and it doesn't work at all...whether from CD or ISO.

In other words, this game will only work if I load it off the ISO in ePSXe. And apparently, others have had similar experiences with other games, i.e. Gran Turismo 2...

Anyone care to explain why? :D

r2rX :p

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I don't remember having that problem happen to me. I used to play GT2 off of the CD and I think it controlled fine, although the last time I ran the game off of the CD was sometime in mid 2003.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
same here, GT2 works with analog for me, off cd or from iso (last time i was enjoying this game was before summer breake, this year of course)

Edit: you forgot about the 'F5 thing'? but I don't think you have

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ape Escape only works if I make an image and run it. And it won't work if I mount the image on a virtual drive, it has to be done through ePSXe...'Run ISO'.

Hmm...

r2rX :D

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
That makes absolutely no sense. Don't know what can it be... Does it work if you map the controls to the keyboard instead of the pad?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts