Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is getting terrible internets on his computer; getting around 300 ping in tf2 and l4d servers. He relies on a wireless signal coming from his basement, while his computer is two floors up. Running a LAN cable from the basement, or moving his computer closer to the wireless source is out of the question. So, I was thinking that, couldn't he use a wireless bridge/access point to amplify the signal in his basement?

I'm not sure how these pieces of hardware work, or if it's even the correct solution to the problem. The router is limited at 54mbps...

actually, i looked at the signal strength on my friend's compy, and it's 'very good' so it's not like he's getting a weak signal. Could it be the internet service he is getting? He has verizon DSL, and he's picking up the wireless signal at 54mbps bandwidth.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
AP's and WGW's should be located to as close to the center of the house as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.