Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jes i have seen that there are 3 mods too change between at cpu configuration recompiler + vurec is not selectable i think thats because its only in the sse2 version but there stand need sse, mmx i think but need it sse2 too to be selectable

I hope you understand what i mean sorry for bad eng oO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a amd barton prozz no 64 bit and then i dont can use this method right?
Or in the next fixed version with sse working?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
If you dont have an AMD64/FX or a Pentium 4,Recompiler+VUrecs will be grayed out and wont be selectable,because your processor doesnt have SSE2...
You will only be able to use it with a new processor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx bositman but i read there wil be a other version with only sse suport is that right and will it then be selectable for normal 32 bit cpus?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
micro said:
Thx bositman but i read there wil be a other version with only sse suport is that right and will it then be selectable for normal 32 bit cpus?
Normal 32-bit CPUs? The Pentium 4 is a normal 32-bit CPU, and it introduced SSE2.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok oK when i understand it right then its just with sse2 compatible and i have to buy a new prozz with sse2 to use it.

Thx but i think when the vurec+recompiler will speed up the emu can someone tell me how much it will speed up with sse2
For example i have a barton with 2200 mhz and sse and i got in 3d fps about 1-3 in resident evil i have 7-10 fps

So if anybody have a system with a 64 bit cpu and sse2 and can test how much fps he got with 1. with interpreter and 2. with vurec+recompiler?

Hope u understand what i mean :thumb:

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,831 Posts
tested with devil may cry 3:
pcsx2SSE2 version show 60-80fps with my pc, but 10-30fps in battle scene.

pc specs:
AMD Athlon 3000+ (2.2GHz)
6600GT(ForceWare 76.45)
MB Albatron KT890 ProII
Corsairs XMS TwinX 512MB Dual Channel(256+256)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is with sse2 ok between 10-30 in game thats nice :eyemove:

and can you please tell me how much fps you got with only recompiler enabled and then you got how much fps? thats what i wanne know

But what a kind of prozzi do you have is it an winchester core or what

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
No way you got above 7 FPS in Devil May Cry 3 ingame...i have an AMD64 4000+ with Geforce 6600GT using the same settings...

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,831 Posts
May be it happen when there are many moving character in the scene. fps drop below 10 when there is many character like in the battle scene & become high when just i'm alone walking to solve puzzle.

when only recompile enable....2-7fps. very slow.Mine is Winchester.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I guess it is possible to get that FPS when youre alone(Dante) on screen...anyway thats not the point of this thread ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice too see that somone answered i think with a sse2 compatible prozzi like 64 you got a few more fps but when you can oc the winchester to 2600-2700 mhz i think it will be a little bit better but i dont think i must have such a think just for playing ps2 games on pc

thats not possible atm with the hardware i know that but i just wanted to know how great the difference between this two systems are but i dont have devil may cry to test how much fps i have i this game but in other games i have tested i have in 3d only 0,5-2 fps and i have a radeon 9800 pro i think the nvidia cards are better for the emu right?

with pcsx 0.7 i have testet resident evil code veronica and i have 7-10 in game but dont know if its 3d :???:

And i dont have the game anymore too test it with 0.8 because my friend have take it back to him i just borrowed it and have too delete the image and the rest of my hdd when i moved to another motherboard with other chipset

but when my friend comes next time i will make a new image of the game to see how much fps i got with the new version

atm i just have games at home that dont show much 3d so i dont can test it :hdbash:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts