Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we all know that thanks to Kekko and Refraction.....VUrec will be available to us Non-SSE2 users in the upcoming 0.9 release of the PCSX2 emulator. :guitar: :D While it might not be as fast as the real SSE2 version....there will still be more speed than with just the recompiler or interpreter. My question is....there are plugins for video/sound/etc that are SSE2 enhanced. Now if we were to have VUrec in SSE1, can we still use these SSE2 enhanced plugins? Or would we have to still use the regular ones...or even use new enhanced versions of the plugins designed for SSE1? This really baffled me for a while and got me angry a bit. :hdbash: :cuss2: So any answer would be great. :) Thank you all. :wave:

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
ok for the last time

NO THE SEE1 CODE FOR VU-RECS WILL NOT MAKE YOUR PC HAVE SUPER SSE2 POWERS AND SUPPORT ANYTHING ELSE THAT REQUIRES SSE2.

thats as clear as i can make it, it ONLY affects vu-recs, hence it being a change to vu-rec.

· Registered
218 Posts
ok for the last time

NO THE SEE1 CODE FOR VU-RECS WILL NOT MAKE YOUR PC HAVE SUPER SSE2 POWERS AND SUPPORT ANYTHING ELSE THAT REQUIRES SSE2.

thats as clear as i can make it, it ONLY affects vu-recs, hence it being a change to vu-rec.
Therefore, we get "SSE2" ( I put it in quotes 'coz it aint real) but not hte plugs that use it, meaning we are stuck at SSE1. That's kool.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know....it's emulated....and slower....I do not expect the same performance as the real SSE2 VUrec. I was only asking what plugins are we going to have to use. My guess was the regular plugins but I wanted to make sure. Besides....4-10fps is still better than 1.39 . Ill accept whatever I can from the team and Ill definitely be happy with whatever comes out. Refraction prolly thought I was expecting a fast increase in speed. No I do not. But Im willing to see whatever does increase or get better.

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
gotmilk70 said:
I have been following this forum for a while...I don't think I seen anyone ask this question so far.
youve been here a while and didnt see this one :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.