Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Please forgive me if my question sounds a little noobish, I Know I been on ngemu forums for about four months now and should have a little more common sense, but had to ask just to be sure. Here goes my question,

I recently bought a thin model ps2, Model scph-70012, Because my old modded one, That I ripped the bios from crapped out on me and stopped reading discs, and I ditched it. I bought that ps2 modded, from a friend. my question is, is there anyway to rip a bios form the thin model ps2, without modding it? I'm real skeptical about ordering thing's online, because of Fraud, and that a credit card number could get stolen, and the fact that I don't have a credit card anyways, because of not having a job.

If the admins find this borderline of the rules, feel free to close this thread, Although I don't believe I'm breaking any rules, I own my own PS2, I'm just very afraid of ordering anything online, because, I would have to have my parents use thier credit card, and if thier card number gets stolen, I'll have to take the full blame for fraudulant charges;)

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Since slim models won't work with the memcard exploit, you only other alternative is to use Swap Magic (which is what I did on my slim).;)

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Xtreme2damax said:
Thanks a bunch, I'll take a look into swap magic, I don't trust myself soldering anything to my brand new ps2, Just my luck, I would end up ruining my ps2.;)
And being that you have a slim, network is built in, so you can just network your ps2 to your pc with a router and use Xlink to dump.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.