Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i`m new and i just want to ask will the emulator run the oldest ps2 games on my pc 900 mhz,320 ram,video 64.I know it`s extremely old,but i was wondering if the first ps2 games ever released will run on it

· Registered
5 Posts
hi i`m new and i just want to ask will the emulator run the oldest ps2 games on my pc 900 mhz,320 ram,video 64.I know it`s extremely old,but i was wondering if the first ps2 games ever released will run on it
I don't think you've got much hope of getting anything to run at all on that setup. For reference, with a 3.4GHz quad I can just about get a small handful of games to run at a playable framerate. I think PS1 emulation will be as far as you can push your rig, as your spec is roughly the recommended spec for emulating PS1 games with ePSXe.

· Registered
31 Posts
You can do quite a lot of things on that rig, but there is no way you can play PS2 games on that. At best you could dig out some really old version of PCSX2 and get a whole 1fps (if works at all, though 320MB ram is not enough even for that). For PS2 emulation you need a dual core CPU, 1GB (or more) ram and a good graphic card (one that supports at least Vertex Shaders 2.0), which will get you 1 or 2 games running, while the other games will need even better hardware (ram doesn't matter that much and only 2 cores are used). Sure in the past you could run PCSX2 on a single core CPU with like 767MB ram and some random graphic card, but a playable speed was impossible to achieve on such machine.

N64 (most games), PSX, SNES, Genesis\MegaDrive, NES, MAME(many games) and some other emus should work fine on your PC. You could also try one of the Dreamcast emus, but those tend to be problematic.

P.S. Ok, some ppl got good speeds on single core, but they got very strong CPUs and your old one is nowhere around those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.