Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

hopefully 3rd and final question, I play my games of the ISO file so I don't have to use my CD player (and it's faster off my hard drive) but how exactly does your save games work with multiple ISO games?

Example:

Say i'm playing FFIX , we know its 3 discs, so I finish disc 1 (ISO#1) and obvioulsy load up Disc 2 (ISO#2) but how is the game going to continue with the same items,quests,etc I had in Disc 1?

Or in other words if someone can explain to me how exactly it works on multiple iso's games?

Thanks!

Vegnar

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you're using savestates, you won't be able to carry them over to the next disc, but if you're saving onto the memory card it will use that same memory card after the disc changes. FFIX lets you save before disc changes, so just save, then hit ESC and click the Change Disc --> ISO button to select the next ISO.

FFIX has FOUR Discs. Are you sure you have all of them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know FFIX is 4 discs, I was just making an example.

Now other problem i've got is i havent been able to use the memory card option and also when I go into change ISO and select the oter ISO nothing happens , the screen just turns black, of course there aren't any saves , I was just testing
I loaded Chrono Cross disc 1 , when to change disc--change ISO and selected Disc 2 and nada. =(

Vegnar

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
if you knew FFIX was 4 discs then why did you say
Say i'm playing FFIX , we know its 3 discs
oO moving on....

you've used a real PSX right? when one disc is over, you pop the next one in, and poof it continues over no problem. except in ePSXe you go File--Change Disc and then from there it's the same thing.

and what do you mean by
I loaded Chrono Cross disc 1 , when to change disc--change ISO and selected Disc 2 and nada. =(
meaning, nothing happens? or your save data doesnt work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:

meaning, nothing happens? or your save data doesnt work?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Guys I'm using the ePSXe emulator to run my PSX ISO's ,I don't use a PSX system and or play my games off my CD player (BTW i do have a PS2 system) I like running the games off the ISO files cause it's faster.

The only thing that I can't get to work or I haven't figured out is how to use the
memory card function in the emulator.

I know about the saves states but that won't help me on multiple ISO(cd's) games like Final Fantasy 9.

I only used FF9 and Chrono Chross as an example. I loaded ChronoCross disc 1,then went to Change Disc--->change ISO-->selected Disc 2 and nothing happens.

So if anyone can help me on figuring out this:

How to save games in the ePSXe memory cards so I can use those saves when I need to change to other discs of the same game.

And yes I read the ePSXe help menu first but it's too vague:

ePSXe also comes along with memory card support. The used cards are saved in 2 files in your \memcards directory. The first one is named epsxe000.mcr and the second one epsxe001.mcr. Each file has a size of 128 KB (which is PSX standard), and the format is simply a dump of real memory cards.

ePSXe doesn't come with a memory card editor, but you can use the option Load -> Run BIOS to get to the real PSX memory card editor, from where you can delete / move savegames. In case you're using Pete's OpenGL / D3D plugins, don't forget to enable offscreen rendering to see this menu correctly.

Starting with version 1.0.1, ePSXe includes a memory card file selector, so you can select which file you want to use in which slot. ePSXe also has support for different memory card file supports, like Dexdrive (.gme), PSEmu Pro (.mc) and several others.

Any helps plz thanks!

Vegnar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Game shark Help

How do i get it to work I HAVE NOT TRY YET I was wondering if it is the same like when it ask to incesrt game then change the cd or iso ?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Trying doesn't hurt, and the readme's bundled with the apps usually gives appropiate info to operate them. In this particular one, it's explained in the readme too. When you reach a point where you must change disc, press esc to return to the gui, swap discs, and go to file -> change disc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts