Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to start with I don’t know were this really belong hardware or open discussion. But I posted here because I never check hardware.

Well I just bought a Samsung D500. And the one from store told me to let it charge 12 hour the first time so the battery will be used to its full potential or something like that.

So I let it in charge for about 18 hour. ( note after the first 5 hour of charging I did turn it on to check it.. yes I couldn’t wait any longer does it matter ?)
And was it really needed to load it for 12 hour or something? Because the manual just said a battery will be fully loaded in 90 min. and didn’t mentioned anything about loading it extra long.

And yes after fully loading it I manage to use all the battery in 1 day oO
is that normal? Note I did used the phone allot. Checking functions. Music photos...not to mention sliding it open lighten up a whole room.
So maybe that explains it. But still kind of short when it says standby time of 220 hour.

And also Bluetooth what’s the transfer speed ?
I notice the transfer speed from my phone to computer is around 10kb or something. Takes quite awhile to send around music files.
And on internet it says Bluetooth can go up to 2.1mb. Well mine isn’t really close to that.

thx in advance.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It's the best to let it charge 100% for sure the first couple of times, or at least that's what they tell me.

From my own experience taking photo's, and listening music costs a lot of power, so that's an explanation :) With my own phone the battery's life lasted longer after I recharged it a few times, so it will get better with yours as well I think.

I also found out that transferring data has a huge impact on the battery...

Don't take the 220 hrs for serious, I have yet to see a phone battery that lasts that long. My old Nokia 3310 was supposed to be on for 200+ hours... but even when it was good as new it didn't last longer than 5 days...
So there's no need to panic :p

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx :thumb:

kinda funny the battery lasted longer after few charges.. Hope its same with mine yea. Bluetooth also sucks battery like crazy.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Sound is one of the biggest power consuming things, not to mention if it has a full colour backlit screen, it haemorrages power.
My Motorola v525 will eat it's battery in about a week and a half if I arely use it. The quickest I had to charge it tho was 3 days.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Sephiroth[TR] said:
thx :thumb:

kinda funny the battery lasted longer after few charges.. Hope its same with mine yea. Bluetooth also sucks battery like crazy.
Mine doesn't have BT, but InfraRed, which drains alot as well.... even transferring from and to my PC through cable drains insanely... When I transferred about 2 mb about 1/3 of my battery was gone oO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts