Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly do they effect?

Do they have any visual effect? Because in one of thegames I am playing, I can't seem to run see one of the videos even though I am running everything that the person whowas able to play this game ran, except the bios.

Could that minor incompatibility be what's causing a black screen when a videoshould be playing?

Thanks!

·
The Master of Disguise
811 Posts
The BIOS has no effect in the visual display of a game in pcsx2, compability of the game region is what matters.

Make sure that u have the same version of pcsx2 that the person had or a better one that doesn't cause that issue when playing the game.

Also keep in mind that u may have the NTSC US version of the game while the other person has a different version like the PAL Japaneese version which may be compatible with pcsx2.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The bios has nothing to do with game compatibility or visual effects.You can use any region bios to play any region game.For example I have PAL PS2 and I can use my bios to play PAL,NTSC and NTSC-J(Japanese)games.

The only problematic bios is the oldest one,the jap SCPH-10000 but those PS2 are ancient and it's normal to have problems with some games

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know, I knew that was going to be a completely dumb question before it came out of my...ah.. e-mouth, heh, but I had to try every avenue, considering the fact that I've waited so Long to play this game only for it not to work for me, but for others.. >.> Feels like one big tease!=( hehee Thanksfor indulging such a stupid question, however.

These are the settings this bloke uses..

PCSX2: PCSX2 0.9.4 32
CPU Configuration : -All options enabled - Frame is Limit
DVD Plug-in : P.E.O.p.S. CDVD 1.3.0
Bios : USA v02.00(14/06/2004)

----------------------------------
Siren 2 ----- SCES_538.51 ----- ZerosSPU2 0.4.4 -----

ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1 || Defaults setting || AA4X ||ON Move AA None||
ZerosSPU2 0.4.4 || Enable Time Scaling ||

This was from November of two years bacj,

The ONLY thing I don't have checked or active is 'On Move AA None' cause I've no idea what the hell that even means, but I have the other plug-ins and stuff activated. lol.

·
The Master of Disguise
811 Posts
The game siren 2 appears to be in-game only in the compability list, though that is in 0.9.4.

The best thing to do would be to download 0.9.6 and check if it works, if it doesn't, then try downloading one of the latest SVN builds and give it another go, with the amount of fixes in the SVN builds the game may be compatible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lol. I use 0.9.6 as default. is SVN the beta? I might have that, lol. not sure, though.

But in this game, he someone managed to get further then I did, lol, the game was still running after the first 'Mission' when I found a dead body, but the screen was black, and teh FPS were flickering from 48-51 or so, no frame rate more, or less..

Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Christ..Another dumb question.. I must be full of them today..

Lol..

where would I find a SVN build? I couldn't find it on the website?

·
The Master of Disguise
811 Posts
No, that's not the Beta from the site, unlike the beta, there's a new SVN release really often with many fixes.

Try googling for it.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Satanic's emulator compiles

check my sig area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.