Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a Voodoo 3 3000, sound blaster live mp3 32, 533 mhz celeron and a windows ME.......

I want a good 64 emulator that works in my PC correctly (in a possible way, cause my cofig is outdated to play all the games correctly) and i want to use my joystick.....i can't live without a joystick (please don't take me badly with this words i said back in the "live without a joy" part, if u are thinking the same as i tought when i wrote this post)........
And, it would be good if i found an emulator that allow me to configurate my controller too....

Which one would be the best....?

·
Registered
44 Posts
That much is hard to tell... Since the emulators aren't big at all, why not download them all? The relevant links are here on ngemu and the better ones have their own forums...

It's all a bit hit and miss, but I'd say 1964, PJ64 and the never anymore updated UltraHLE are pretty good bets.. 1964 and PJ64 seem to be getting the better updates. Download them, try them and monitor ngemu and the forums here to keep up with their development.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx....

Thank u...
I'll try for sure...these others emus...but since i already have the 1.0 version of the HLE, i can enjoy playing 64 in the PC while i get a better one.....I don't know if there's better emulator than HLE...but i can find for sure ane that can fully support joys....
Bye....

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
PJ64 and 1964 are the 2 best 64 emus but I doubt they will run well on your system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
there are a number of websites now that sell N64 to PC joystick convertors... I just ordered one from lik sang (that converts N64 AND PS1/2 joypads to USB)... Ntooie or something like that (don't flame me for forgetting!!!!) does a plugin for the emulators, to allow you to use a REAL pad... They're only £10UKP..

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Your specs allow ultrahle,suprahle and corn to run at very good speeds in higher resolutions and full screen mode.Try other emulators like nemu ,1964, pj64 etc they will run decently but on the slower side.:)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Nemu and Pj64 are more nVIDIA based emu's ! Still it's necessary an CPU with 650 mhz to run games at good speed , for DC emu's 800 mhz !

·
Registered
965 Posts
Zell: In all honesty, shut the hell up.

Your blatent misinformation is annoying as all hell.

NVIDIA-based.. and people try to tell me these forums aren't littered with stupid people.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
What the heck !?!!?? Ok DC emu can be discuesed and may be completly wrong sorry for that , but the fact is that nemu and Pj64 do have a much better preformence with nVIDIA based cards ! That is a Fact , you can read it any where , it is also true that they recomend PC faster than 650 Mhz . Or is that Wrong ?? No , it ain't wrong .

·
Registered
965 Posts
Originally posted by Zell
What the heck !?!!?? Ok DC emu can be discuesed and may be completly wrong sorry for that , but the fact is that nemu and Pj64 do have a much better preformence with nVIDIA based cards ! That is a Fact , you can read it any where , it is also true that they recomend PC faster than 650 Mhz . Or is that Wrong ?? No , it ain't wrong .
After trying to make sense of your nonsense, I've come to this reply.

Yes, they often perform better with nvidia cards, because nvidia cards are the top-performing cards on the market, you twit. How the heck does that make them, 'nvidia-based'. Please, enlighten me with some more senseless dribble.

Also, system requirements vary from emulator to emulator, you could probably get decent results with ~450-550MHz boxen..

S

·
0 Posts
You are correct CD. My friend had an AMD K6 2 400 and he was able to run sreveral of the N64 emus quite well on it. A faster "box" is not entirely necessary, but of course, as w/any emulator, the faster the PC the better and smoother the emu "should" run (notice I said should not will).
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
44 Posts
Soooo,
really, my advice of "just try them all" is your best bet ;)
the emus really aren't big at all, so give it a go and let's hope for some happy gaming :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep.....I agree with u....

Yep....The emus don't uses a lot of disk space....
I just have to do as i did with the playstation emulators...get them all, organize, dump the worse ones, divide the others with the games that u'll use depending of the emulator (like 2D games for VGS, 3D for Epsx....and goes....)...and then configure and play....

(one thing I'm shore that uses a lot of disk space, about emus, are the save states files....they are big....so for the ones who don't know...please don't start to save new states in every slot that u see in front of u......)

·
Registered
624 Posts
yeah, but the main problem for you, it's your celeron processor, they tend to be a bottleneck in the gaming arena... I'm saying that cos I have one also, I once put a PII 400 Mhz in place of, and it was better than my celeron 533 Mhz!!!!!!
:D :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Okay this might sound somewhat stupid but I have Hey You Pikachu and it runs on PJ64. However it needs a mic, which I have, but is there a plug in or something to connect my mic up with the game? I'm also new to n64 emulation so don't flame me for asking a question. ^-^ Thanks for your help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts