Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum i would say it looks better then Doom 3 but maybe thats just me.

I liked the comment from Raven "Doom 3 was horror, Quake 4 is war!!!" :evil:

Btw just in case u guys dont know yet, its gonna be a sequal from Quake 2 starting 2 hours after the ending of it.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
It reminds me too much of Doom 3. :/ I'm not liking the style too much. I do think it looks like great graphics, but nothing groundbreaking or that really pops out.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Razor Blade said:
It reminds me too much of Doom 3. :/ I'm not liking the style too much. I do think it looks like great graphics, but nothing groundbreaking or that really pops out.
id is the owner of one of the single most sophisticated graphics engine of all time. You weren't expecting them to use it in only one game were you? I don't mind as long as it runs better than Doom3. Quake is more of an action title, not horror, so i don't want to have to be running and gunning with a few enemies on screen at 6fps.
Hum i would say it looks better then Doom 3 but maybe thats just me.
probably just because textures look higher res. Doom 3 COULD do that but any modern systems would tremble before it. Doesn't look as good as doom3 to me, but its up there. Very nice looking indeed

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
>>You weren't expecting them to use it in only one game were you?

No but I would expect them to make it look like a different game. The armor, suits, guns and environments from those shots just look too similar.

>>I don't mind as long as it runs better than Doom3

With all those characters on screen at once with rocvkets blowing everywhere not to mjention multiplayer. I bet it would run slower.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
yeah, Quake IV will probably be slower than Doom 3, much more stuff onscreen and multiplayer will be a crazy mess of rockets, lasers, and guns ;)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
OMG DOOM4 IS OUT!!!! oh wait it's Quake 4. doesn't matter they're the same thing anyway.

i dont see how quake4 is going to be so different from Doom3. i also dont see how that'd be a bad thing ;)

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
just because it uses the doom 3 engine doesn't mean that they use all the special effects of doom 3. Put into account that we'll get the game in 2005, they'll sacrifice looks for more on-screen entities, and the such.

And it's already been established how gameplay was different. you can't honestly say that Doom 3 and Quake 2 played the same. Quake 4 will be a quake game, not a doom game. That is, asuming, raven holds their word. Generally, a more constant flow of action with a whole lot of the color brown thrown in. They aren't going to be trying to scare you in quake 4 ;).

·
Registered
822 Posts
Nope in Quake it is all action, although it was a bit of a let down on Quake III Arena in terms of the action pack till the mods got released for it.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
oO ... I mean... WTF...this is a Quake 4?? oO damn.. damn with the single player... I want the multi-Quake-player-]I[-Arena-style :p still playing Q]I[A on the net :cool:

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I wonder how it'll play, would it be more dynamic like Q3A or Painkiller where you are trying to avoid being fragged or like HALO where you can always run away and comeback later for a little payback

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Radix865 said:
I think it looks the same, TOO much like doom 3...
But that doesnt mean that game itself would be similar aswell, does it?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
It doesnt matter that much if game hasnt got much new in it as long as its addictive and interesting to play. FF games havent evolved much either, but they are still good, except latest ones...

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
cloudvii said:
Yawn . No new games on the scene anymore . Same repeated ideas since doom1 .
New FPS with good looking weapons and new wall textures :sarcasm:
Seeing u play every single KoF i dont see whats wrong with that ^^
At least here we have better AI, more freedom, more sound and grafic efects etc...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow, I am really looking forward to this game. I don't know how it's possible to mess up the Quake formula but Quake with Doom 3 engine can't be a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
cloudvii said:
Yawn . No new games on the scene anymore . Same repeated ideas since doom1 .
New FPS with good looking weapons and new wall textures :sarcasm:
well you can say that about damn near every game. i know you like RPGs. what's the plot of every RPG game? some character vs. a bad guy, so let's team up, fight through 1000 monsters and battle the big boss.

but yet, we still play every game. Doom3 was damn fun, it doesnt matter that it really had no revolutionary gameplay elements. who cares? it was fun ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts