Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
SHADOVV, that's a nice overclock for your first own manual attempt. Don't worry so much about maximum speeds as much as maximum efficiency. If I remember reading right from your past posts, you seem to want to keep this this chip a while, rather than having gotten it just to push it as far as you can, so efficiency over brute numbers should be your approach. I'd bet you could get away with less voltage for that clock speed. Try taking off .1V and see what happens. Alternatively, you could try 3.6GHz (450x8) at the voltage you're on now. I'm betting that'll end up being your sweet spot. If your RAM is good, and your CPU doesn't need too much voltage, you may be able to get 4.0GHz (500x8) out of it, but I'd guess voltage levels would need to be much higher (at least than you'd like), and alot of tweaking would need to be done, so I'm guessing 3.6GHz would be the most efficient for you.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Shadow did you personally set the vCore coltage or did you leave it on Auto?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I left it on auto, I am going see what I can pull off!

I red that I should keep an eye on my ram temps with my finger

Is there anything else on the board I need to watch for?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Use a stability testing program like OCCT 3.0 for about 20 minutes.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Is Prime95 ok?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
No prob, I seem to have hit a ceiling of 3.33ghz. I can't seem to work out where to go from here

I was reading about adjusting ram settings to achieve a higher clock but am unsure as to what I am doing:p

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
What is your vCore voltage at when it's at 3.33Ghz?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Vcore at present is 1.264, I have tried NEARLY every Vcore setting up to 1.3 without success!

At 3.33 and Vcore at 1.264 I am very stable! I ran OCCT for 6 hours while I slept without any issue!
In fact temps even stay at around 55c at full load so I certainly still have some room!

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)

Thanx Dax:thumb:

·
Banned
200 Posts
There you go Shadow! Much more noticeable performance wise, If you want a good game to test tempature at high load and high memory usage try Super Mario Galaxy, I found it was the only game I could play that would jack my tempatures to 48C on my Athlon 4200+ X2 build, it also takes alot of power even to get 20 fps in, so it would be a really good stress test and a test to see how stable you are, I found that I could get threw everything BUT Mario Galaxy and it really makes you question how stable it is, when it crashes to the CMOS after the first stage, just thought I'd mention :) looking good though might be your peak there, although that was almost exactly where I thought you'd get around 3.3-3.5Ghz max, cheers man :)

41 - 54 of 54 Posts