Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on recomendation of someone from this forum I bought Soyo KikuJoy USB - > PSX adapter which supports Vibration.

It says so on the box, and when booting into Win2K and using InterAct PSX Controller it wibrates 2-3 times (these controllers have much stronger vibration motors than Sony PS Controllers)

So I know that this combination works in Win2K. KikuJoy doesn't need any drivers, they are automatically loaded. I am using it perfectly with ePSXe v1.40 with my ATI 32MB card.

Everything work fine with PS or InterAct controllers - except the vibration.

I tried both DirectX and Burutter, as well as constant and sine options for motors. - nothing gives any vibration.

Gamepad is set up as Digital/Analog, because if I only set is as Digital then I do games do not let me change vibration options.

I noticed that if I am in the game, and I press recessed Analog button that both Sony and InterAct controllers vibrate for a second - probably as a confirmation of mode switching (Sony very faintly, InterAct much stronger).

I tried the following controllers :

2 different original PSX DualShock controllers (gray & black)

1 PS One white DualShock controller (for which KikuJoy box says that it is completelly different of the rest PSX & PS2 DualShock controllers)

1 PS2 DualShock 2 Controllers (for which somebody posted that it is not as good to use as PSX DualShock - I didn't see difference)

2 different InterAct vibrating controllers (I forgot their names)

This should be the best conbination to use with Emulator. I am convinced that ePSXe doesn't support something properly, since those InteAct controllers vibrate very strong 2-3 times when Win2K boots up (and is probably checking the KikyJoy adapter)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, dear all :

After I reinstalledl window98 to my pc , the Kiky-joy psx-pc converter kind of work .It use some kind of driver called Human
usb interface . However , the rumble effect still doesn't work
either in epsxe or my pc games which have force feedback
support .This rumble effect "only work" when I try the effect test
in this coverter's game control property menu in the control panel
of window 98 .

I have no clue how to make the rumble effect of Kiky-joy psx-pc converter work either in epxse or pc games which support force
feedback . I'm using sony Psone scph-110 analog controller .

I know there must be some people who have got the rummble effect by using this convertor . Please let me know how you make
it . Otherwise ,I will just stick to my wingman rumble gamepad .

Sincerely ,

Lonely man

S

·
0 Posts
Alejew, I'm truly sorry that you still cannot get the KIKY-joy to work. It works perfectly for me in Win 98 First Edition. All I did to set it up was to let windows detect it and then I intstalled the drivers. I have had no problems w/the rumble function at all. Maybe you should try installing the drivers, even though you have Win 2K.
Lonely man, did you install the drivers that come on the CD that is included w/the KIKI-joy? I ask this because the driver to which you refer is the standard Windows USB Human Inteface driver that comes w/Windows. This driver will not produce rumble, but it will allow you to use the game pad.
I'm sorry that both of you have had bad experiences w/this cable. I never intended to mislead anyone, since this cable realy does work fine for me.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dear sxamiga :

Thanks a lot for your response . I did install the Kiky-joy driver fisrt form the Cd disk coming along with this Kiky-joy converter.
When intsalling , it went through 1 .coping driver files 2. update
system registry 3. complete steps and then the setup program
said ," driver installed ,Please plug the converter to the usb connector " When I plug in the converter to the usb connector
, suddenly there pops up a window saying " new device psx-pc
convertor found " and then another window saying " please insert
window 98 cd to install human interface usb driver"

It seems that my window 98 system just spontaneously
choose human interface usb driver to enable kiky-joy convertor
but not the driver copied from the Kiky-joy driver disk.

Did the same thing happen to you ? How did you solve it ?

Sincerely,

Lonely man

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Sxamiga:

Thank you for the information. I used to install all the drivers, but after having problems with some of them, I was glad to see that Win2K has most of them already.

But like you said it doesn't support vibrate feature. Those human interface drivers fooled me too. I saw that all the buttons work and assumed vibration will to.

After installing Kiky-Joy drivers all is well ! :p

Now ePSXe vibrates, like it should.

As an information I moved both sliders in Kiky-Joy force-feedback setup to the left (to shorten the time it vabrates). Then I setup ePSXe like this:

Vibration - Direct X
Large Motor - none
Small Motor - sine

Do not set any of them to constant because it will vibrate too long.

I tried all combinations and this is the only one that works good for me. Only small motor, and Kiky-Joy Windows drivers all the way to the left - that way it shortens the vibration time and it feels like it should.

So now I am happy. :emb:

I do not want to install any PC games so I can't check it, but ePSXe works fine now.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, dear sxamiga and Alejew :

I wonder what are the files in your Kiky-joy driver disk ? My
Kiky-joy driver disk has only one installation file " Install.exe "
around 500 kb . If you have more than that file in your Kiky-joy driver disk , could you please send those extra files to me ?

Thank you very much !

Sincerely ,

Lonely man

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right. There is only one .exe file on the CD, but it contains driver files inside. They get decompressed and installed when you start it.

It worked for me. Try it. Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
lonely man, Alejew is correct. There is only the one install exe on the CD. You can run it after Windows has detected the pad or before, it makes no difference. Windows does not overwrite the KIKI-joy driver. It simply detects it as being a new piece of hardware and adds its own driver. That is how it works for me.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts