Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my mobo i have the upfront and i beileve a second usb header which has a pci slot hook up, i beileve (friend has my pc for like past few months) but ill be getting it back soon and im in need of an ingenious idea for my wlan. So i have a usb wireless dongle, which i sorta have to hide, father likes to use it to race need for speed, my mother didnt like the idea :lol:

Anyways. I was thinking of wiring a single female usb end to the the 4 wires and run it to the top of my case and leave the dongle hooked up on the inside. The question i had is would it be as simple as running a switch from the +wire to the top of my case to cut the current going to the dongle in effect turning it off, or would i have to go a little more complicated? Not sure if removing a usb from the board like that (turning off power) would screw it up or not.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The chassis will inhibit the wifi performance and probably result in less then 1mb sync.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already thought that through. I beileve i have a pic the rigs thread showing my case. if i have it in the top, theres a clear window with an opening if i leave it by that i get pretty much the same signal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.