Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<_< after more than one year scrounge off toris pc i wanna (have to) buy my own one :D
uhmm... the problem is i have no idea what this numbers with hrz, ram etc. means o___o'' and what i need <,<
xD the most important is photoshop + co., 3d max, ragnarök AND sims + addon+addon+addon+addon... x) prrruuuu

is this a good one? T_T i really dont want to pay more -.-
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

thx for helping me, i belive in you :3

· Okama Way!
352 Posts
The graphics card (or chip rather) in that one is rather weak but apart from that it looks good, you could get a low end graphics card for ~£50 GBP which would help a lot with any games and 3D programs, tbh though you wouldn't be getting the best out of the system without a decent graphics card, If all you want is the sims and some 3D programs you could get a more suitable one for ~£300

· NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
If you're going to buy a used PC I think you could get it for that price with a better graphics card. However what that package has going for it is the display, is a flat-screen 19" important to you?

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<___< cant i use 3D max or sims with that grafic card? ;_;

ChankastRules said:
If you're going to buy a used PC I think you could get it for that price with a better graphics card. However what that package has going for it is the display, is a flat-screen 19" important to you?

too expensive for this new pc? T_T

2,934 Posts
<___< cant i use 3D max or sims with that grafic card? ;_;
You can, it's a matter of how well you want it to run :D The graphics card is very important for 3D-max if you want to make larger scenes, it'll go really slow with that graphics card, but on the other hand if you're fine with working in smaller scenes and or with very much reduced quality or even wireframe it'll be fine :p

too expensive for this new pc? T_T
Well, if you're okay with a 19" CRT ( that is a big monitor, instead of flat :D ) you can probably get it cheaper. On the other hand not everyone has much space, and oo it looks rather ugly :D

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
too bad you dont live in the US, Fry's and Newegg are the best :evil:

try froogle.com and see what places ship to europe...order the parts individually and get someone to build it for ya. btw, you'll probably want an Athlon64, i am still in the Athlon XP age and i feel the lag :(

· カラム
365 Posts
I feel more lag, cause I'm still in the Duron/Athlon age :(

I don't see the problem with her** future graphics card. It just looks like a normal one. 128MB is good isn't it?

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hushypushy said:
too bad you dont live in the US, Fry's and Newegg are the best :evil:

try froogle.com and see what places ship to europe...order the parts individually and get someone to build it for ya. btw, you'll probably want an Athlon64, i am still in the Athlon XP age and i feel the lag :(
<_< uhm isnt that a little bit more expensive? ^^'

so there is nothing wrong with the PC except for the grafic card (a grafic card which i can play sims with ^^') ?

2,934 Posts
so there is nothing wrong with the PC except for the grafic card (a grafic card which i can play sims with ^^') ?
That's right, and don't listen to Hushy :p you don't need a athlon-64 proccesor at all for what you want to do :)

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
GCFreak said:
I feel more lag, cause I'm still in the Duron/Athlon age :(

I don't see the problem with his future graphics card. It just looks like a normal one. 128MB is good isn't it?
Not when it's some onboard video card that takes away 128 mb of your ram memory ;)

· カラム
365 Posts
Doesn't look like it's onboard.

Even though if she uses onboard, she'll still have 896MB ram to mess with :p
Besides, it has PC4000 ram in there (or pc3200?) It MIGHT increase performance.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ChankastRules said:
That's right, and don't listen to Hushy :p you don't need a athlon-64 proccesor at all for what you want to do :)
future proof!! you want to be future proof!! that's all im saying. my Athlon XP had its day and time...a couple years ago :p

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
GCFreak said:
Doesn't look like it's onboard.

Even though if she uses onboard, she'll still have 896MB ram to mess with :p
Besides, it has PC4000 ram in there (or pc3200?) It MIGHT increase performance.
Let me quote it for you :p

128 MB VGA Grafik onBoard 2D/3D,
Graphics controller shared memory

I don't think fast ram will be better than something dedicated, but I'm no hardware guru so don't quote me on that, let someone else explain ;)

· Okama Way!
352 Posts
when he said PC400 I assumed he meant DDR400 which is perfectly good ram anyway, but onboard graphics are truley terrible, some are worse than other but my old computer had onboard S3 Pro Savage for a short time until I got a proper card, apart from running really badly it also crashed my entire computer half the time when trying to render anything 3D, if your gonna stay with onboard graphics I would say don't bother going that high spec on the rest of the system, if you will be getting a proper card (even a low range one) at some point then it's a good choice.

Also it should be noted that while that 3D accelerator will probably manage The Sims I doubt if it will manage The Sims 2 since it uses a lot of dx9 stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.