Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if pcsx2 was written in pure asm, would that help the speed at all? I know not everyone is an asm master and I am not requesting that is should be ported to asm.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
nope. It's written in pure C with a few asm functions to speed it up.

Coding an entire program in asm is very inpratical ,time consuming and less portable, but yes, it will ran faster.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
エッリー said:
nope. It's written in pure C with a few asm functions to speed it up.

Coding an entire program in asm is very inpratical ,time consuming and less portable, but yes, it will ran faster.

Yours,
-Elly
Yes sir, I understand. I've been coming up with a few ideas for new plugins. That just came up in the brain storm.

·
trooompa!
134 Posts
It will be faster if it's well coded :p I'm not really sure how faster it would be anyway. Nowadays compilers are supposed to make good code, aren't they?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I dunno, making a simple clear screen code in C will will somehow end up being several hundred lines in ASM after the program is debugged. While in pure ASM it'd be like 40. Then again I haven't coded in ASM in ages. But to the question, it would run slightly faster. Would it be enough to really make a difference? Who knows til someone does make a PS2 emulator in ASM.

·
Registered
907 Posts
scary one , ZSNES was in ASM , i think they ported it now or on the upcoming release to C... really scary and i have troubles coding some simple PIT/PIC stuff ;)
wbr Shin Gouki

1 - 6 of 6 Posts