Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post here.

I dloaded PSXMC today, and have been trying to use it to rip FMVs off've FFVIII (for the PSX). I have WinXP. Whenever i try to do the scan cd thing, i just get told "Unable to read TOC from CD-ROM. The drive may not be ready". Searching this forum, and elsewhere, this seems to be a fairly common problem. Before anyone asks, i'm sure my drive works and i'm sure the CD is OK. Solutions suggested included doing the ASPI-force thing, which i have. However, for me as for some other people, that hasn't solved it.

So i'm basically asking if anyone has any ideas. There have been a few other threads, but none with a definitive answer either way.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
378 Posts
When I used PSMPlay to rip FF8 movies, I found that the audio tracks are not attached to the video. So, with the exception of the opening movie and the two closing cinematics, you will have video and sound effects, but no music. Just FYI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It gives me a choice of two CD-ROM drives in the options (i have only one), but the same error with both.

@Dan: the drive is in the bay in the computer, connected with the flat ribbon cable thing, not external and via USB, if that's what you mean. I can try ripping an ISO, if no other solution presents itself.

@Masque: really? that's a shame. But i'd still like to rip the into and closing movies in good quality, if i can.

·
Registered
378 Posts
TomD22 said:
@Masque: really? that's a shame. But i'd still like to rip the into and closing movies in good quality, if i can.
By good quality, you mean 320X240, yeah. The audio quality is considerably better than the video quality.

I know with PSMplay you've gotta get winaspi32.dll (or sommat) to run it. could these be similar problems?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hard core Rikki said:
Do NOT use "Force ASPI" on WinXP, TOMD22.

For the rest you just rip using the usual method. No FRAPS or PSMPlay required.
I'd forgotten all about making this thread. As for the force ASPI thing, as i said i've already done it and nothing terrible's happened yet..... *touches wood*

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, i've tried every different setting and combination thereof i could find in PSXMC, so for me at least it isn't just that. I dunno why this thread's been dredged up, though, i'm really not that bothered any more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.