Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to use the harakiri plugin with my psx controller and one of those homemade parallel cables, but since I upgraded my computer I don't have a parallel port anymore. I found a pci parallel port addon card at Fry's today and bought one to try and see if i could get the plugin working with it. While psxpad (the windows xp driver for psx pads over parallel) works fine. The i/o address the port uses ends up starting from 0xb800, and the harakiri plugin only works with addresses starting from 0x738, 0x278, 0x3BC, 0x2BC, and 0x140. Windows also doesn't allow changes to the address supplied by the card... I've tried looking for some way to redirect anything from 0x378 to another address but such a utility doesn't exist. And my programming skills don't include anything beyond trivial programs that can solve the problems presented in my CS class...

Any ideas on how i can get this working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually dug through the registry until i found the harakiri settings and found the setting for the port address, but changing it to something other than the ports that harakiri supports just makes it default back to 0x378. If someone could figure out how to hack the DLL and change one of the available addresses to something else that would probably work....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've hex edited the dropdown for the i/o port setting now, and the plugin does appear to go by what is chosen in the dialog to determine what gets written into the registry (and presumeably what is used when it is actually running). But it just doesn't want to hold onto a setting that isn't in the original list. There probably is something that the plugin checks the setting to when it goes to read/write from the registry... It also seems to default to 0x378 even after the 0x378 in the dropdown box has been replaced, so there must be something that it's checked to. Anyone have any ideas on hacking the plugin to make it work with other port i/o settings? Also can anyone actually contact the plugin author? My hotmail and berkeley email are blocked by the spam filter for his email provider.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the hex addresses for the dropdown box are stored backwards (I forget why) if anyone wants to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.