Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime i try to boot up my psxfin emulator it keeps giving me this message
"failed to find a valid mode (perhaps you need to switch your desktop to 32 bit mode)" then it says "failed to initialise d3d device" i have already put the d3dx9_26.dll file in the emulator folder and my computer is already in 32 bit mode

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
have you read what is mentioned about this in the FAQ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it didn't mention any of that at all i have also installed directx and my graphics card is a Nividia geforce 6150 Le i was running the exact same emulator on my computer before i wiped the hard drive and i am not to sure whats wrong this time

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
yeah it didn't mention any of that at all i have also installed directx
WTF? oO
Try using Ctrl+F.

According to Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. I'm getting an error message about a missing d3dx9_26.dll... what does that mean?
A. That means you a file from the DirectX 9.0c June 2005 update. Try getting it from here or here. You simply have to place the file into the same directory as psxfin.exe, and it should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my psxfin emulator after giving me those error messages it asks me if i want to save a crash dump as well i really can't figure out what is goin on can somebody please help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's not that it won't play the games it's that it won't even start like go to the white screen with the sony logo on it and i can't access any of the options like control configuration or insert cd images

·
PC game modder
6,947 Posts
give us a screenshot please to work with!

·
pSX Troubleshooter/Fanboy
318 Posts
This problem indeed isn't addressed in the FAQ. Your first course of action would be to post your PC specs, any special information worth noting (like if you're using modded drivers), any important settings you may have changed in pSX (unlikely to help, but still good to know), and what game(s) you're trying to play (also most likely unneeded in this case, but again, good to know).

Edit: He could give you screenshots, but they'd just be of two warning boxes saying exactly what he said they're saying.

@danhu21: Are you using the same drivers you used before the reformat? When you installed DirectX, did you install the *latest* version of DX9.0c (the one that gets updated every few months)? As I recall from the other tons of times this has come up, usually it's a problem with the graphics card drivers. Usually getting the newest drivers (if yours are out of date) or getting older, more stable drivers (if you have the newest ones) fixes the problem. Sometimes it's as simple as a reboot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have exact same problem ...... i found this thread via a search and no helpful responses so i registered and will post. i ran the psxfin before on different computers fine .... many different computers

PC Specs =

p3 1000
640 MB Ram
10GB HD Master (with windows)
80GB HD Slave
3dfx voodoo3 16mb Video Card (no idea more specific than that) using windows xp drivers for it

windows xp pro SP2

any help appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts