Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, they're even slower than the old Ultraboard forums. What's causing this? It took me half an hour just to get to this page from the main emuforums.com page!

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
Maybe there's some upgrading of networks going on.

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
Hmm, didn't know that it was down yesterday. Maybe its because of the different time zone that i'm in. That's why i'm not in PSXemu.com during that time.

B

·
0 Posts
Well, the downtime from yesterday was an error of another server redirecting traffic to ours and overriding our config ... the admins looked into it and told me it'd be fixed.

About the bad speeds, I'm really sorry for this, it's related to ZTNet (our host) currently limiting bandwidth due to low banner revenues and high bills ... sucks somehow, but it seems as banners are running better this month, so let's hope they'll be back to normal again soon without any or a higher bandwidth cap.

Oh yeah, this cap usually only gets reached during PSXEmu's peak times where most people access and download from our page, so if the speed is too slow for you, just check back in an hour or two.

Or find a sponser willing to pay our bandwidth bills :heh:

B

·
0 Posts
Hehe nope, a billionaire isn't required, our bandwidth bill is around 300$ a month when using a good offer ... but still way to much to pay it out of our own pockets :heh:

S

·
0 Posts
Hey, I've got no complaints. This board is super fast compared to the old one (even if I did lose all my posts) and no INTERNAL SERVER ERRORS, YAY!!!!!:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Hey, I've got no complaints. This board is super fast compared to the old one (even if I did lose all my posts) and no INTERNAL SERVER ERRORS, YAY!!!!!:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga
cheers to that mate! :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
there have been server problems in general recently. as far as i know, it has nothing to do with the boards in particular, whereas the internal server error was a ub thing..

S

·
0 Posts
Bgnome is right, I was talking about the boards. With the old board I and other used to keep getting Internal Server Error messages. It was very annoying because sometime it would happen right in the middle of a board session. As for the error message you got, I have never seen that message. But Bobbi did mention soemthing about server errors that were non board related. That is probably what you got.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Tidus. I guess it was figured that it was easiest for every one to be Amins. That way every on is equal and there should be no problems or hurt feelings. Makes sense to me.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
Everyone who actually takes time to actually MODERATE the boards is an Administrator.
Or, at least that's how it was supposed to be before I was fired.

'Everyone equal' is stupid, since there were some moderators who didn't earn their post, while others
worked very hard to earn their position.

Anyway, I'm just rambling on....

S

·
0 Posts
Agreed, CD will be missed. But I am glad to see he is still arond and offering advice. Thanks for all you've done CD.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 19 of 19 Posts