Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got one of these things and plugged it into my USB port and nothing happend. Even though it's supposed to be "plug n play"

Doesn't work for any PC games, doesn't work on Epsxe. Computer doesn't read it.

Am I supposed to do something else? It didn't come with drivers or anything.

If anyone can help, thank you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What's the brand and model of the adapter that you have? It will be easier to help if we know that, especially if someone else here has the same one. :)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Is this supposed to go under Hardware?
I find some posts in General discussion are "I'm too lazy to find the right category so whatever" :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Nope those drivers didn't work :(

Waste of $$$

Well that forum is mostly for computer Hardware as in motherboards/video cards/ram. It could be classified in both I believe.

·
Registered
345 Posts
just curious, do you have USB drivers installed
hope i dont offend you but sometimes we over look the most obvious things

also,if you know anything about electronics, theres a build it yourself plug called direct pad pro or something like that (dont know the web site sorry :( )

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Mondo: two possible problems. First, silly as the question may be, but are you using Windows 95 or some form of Windows 98? Second, have you contacted the company about exchanging your adaptor? It could be you have a defective one.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i believe that win 95 and maybe win 98 first edition need patches to be able to use usb correctly.
and even thought the dpadpro interface is really nice, it isnt natively usb. there was a DIY usb one but i forget where it was..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I have Windows 98 SE.

I also got the patch, I also emailed them and they said the warranty was expired.

Oh well, I'll just buy burutter I guess.

Thanks for all the replies. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Win 95 version A needs a patch to do USB correctly. AFAIK neither Win 95 version B or C requires the USB patch. Win 98 First Edition does not require a patch to do USB properly. I am using Win98 First Edition and I have never had to install any kind of USB patch.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, well I'm still tring to help. I don't give a damn if it was said and I never saw it. So don't :rolleyes: to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts