Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i hear from my friend that Sony's going to develop a kit (or something like this) which can help you guy to play PS2 game on PSX machine !
Is it true ? is there any body know about this ?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Lets discuss the logic of this. In order for the addon to play ps2 games it would require to have practically every piece of hardware that the ps2 contains... except maybe the joypads or the sound chip (if I recall correctly thats the same as the main cpu in the original psx). I seriously doubt it.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
And it would need a DVD drive,meaning you would have to open your PS1,hence killing you warranty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i hered about such thing , althouh i didnt believe it .
its simply impossible to upgrade your psx hardware to be able to
run ps2 games with less coasts than buying a new ps2.
thats all about it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
A kit that lets you play PS2 games on a PSX? Why thats a concept so preposterous that it makes me want to laugh right out loud...
...Aha!, aha!, ahaha!...
...but I wouldn't laugh at Sony, with the money and the patents and the LAWYERS. GOIVEN GLAVEN!!!

p.s. If anybody can guess who I was trying to immatate in this post you get 1000 bonus points.

S

·
0 Posts
There is no way that this could be done. Not even by Sony, and they built the machines. You're talking about taking a new more powerful machine and downgrading it to work with or on a much older and less powerful machine. Again, there is absoulutely no way. Dreamcast games on a Game Gear anyone?
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From my side, i think it is not possible but even if it can i still buy PS2. The reason i post this subject here because 1st i want to know exactly and 2nd i receive this infor from two people (the boss of PSX shop and the younger brother of my friend who he live in Japan).
By the way, thank you all.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yup,buy a PS2,cause even if it was possible(which it isn't at all),there would have a lot of troubles with compatibility,and also don't bother waiting for something which won't ever exist.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Originally posted by Adair
A kit that lets you play PS2 games on a PSX? Why thats a concept so preposterous that it makes me want to laugh right out loud...
...Aha!, aha!, ahaha!...
...but I wouldn't laugh at Sony, with the money and the patents and the LAWYERS. GOIVEN GLAVEN!!!

p.s. If anybody can guess who I was trying to immatate in this post you get 1000 bonus points.
Dude! That's the professor in the Simpsons! With the running and the screaming . . . forgot his name . . . "The Tomfoolery of Professor . . ." Aw, nuts! :mad: Craters . . .

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yes!!! A thousand bonus points to EfrainMan. I don't remember his last name either:emb:, but I know his name is Frankie.
You can redeem the bonus points for...umm...nothing. Well, I guess that you could pat yourself on the back...yeah go ahead...now doesn't that feel good?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Heheh
an extra life is only 100 bonus points, a firepower upgrade is 500 bonus points, and at 1000 bonus points you get to give yourself a pat on the back.
If your ambitous enough to rack up 5000 bonus points then I'll send you a virtual cookie through Email(see officail rules in small print below).

cookie may be choice of peanutbutter or chocolate chip, available while supply lasts, void where prohibited, employees of the Coca-Cola corporation and their respective family members are uneligable for entry(not because they might fix the contest, I just don't like them). :D

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
good thing i'm not working for Coca-Cola!
so how many lives does Efrainman have now? Wow, imagine being able to die and have more lives to live afterwards...

man i like both peanutbtter and chocolate chip cookies... gotta get 10000 points i guess!

hehe, look what happens to a thread if it's originally stupid... LOL

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
I like patting myself . . .

Anyways, I already have too many lives than I know what to do with (ruddy past lives). :D I would, however, like to keep this body for another 80-90 years. Cookies!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts