Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw an adapter in the psxemu shop that allows you to use PSX controllers on your PC, I am wondering if you can use PS2 controllers (DualShock2 controllers) with these adapters, or are they just limited to PSX/PSOne controllers.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Well.................
PSX-PC adapters not support Dual Shock........................
So don't think about PS2 controllers
Anyway I heard PSX controllers can use with PS2

B

·
0 Posts
That's not quite correct... the new 'product of the week' in the PSXEmu shop, which connects through the parallel port, is actually able to do dual shock. USB adapters aren't able to do that though.
I'm not sure if those adapters support PS2 controllers though, I'll take a look at that later on.

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 3 extra ps2 controllers aside from the 2 that are plugged into the console, I hope that it will be compatible with DualShock2 controllers :(

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
actually, according to Sony, the DualShock 2 is:
"Compatible with PlayStation, PS one and PlayStation 2 consoles. "

so my guess is that it will also work on the adapters. no guarantees tho.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
the SmartJoy 2 does not support rumble
The SmartJoy 3 does.

UncleClive, so you're saying the DualShock 2 has analog buttons?? :eek:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah, but i ve tried them, and i can say u don t miss a thing:

U hardly feel the difference w/ a dualshock1
Anyway, no game support it tough...(And i guess nogame will)

Bye

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Guitar Gamer,
check out the psxemu.com shop for the adapter prices.
also go grab yourself a wrist pad, even a $1 pad would help. and adjust the tilt of your keyboard to a flatter setting. If you think hours of using the keyboard hurts, trying to avoid the keyboard won't solve the problem; you might still get injuries from casual use.

Swift Death,
afaik, no. Most adapters are based on either the DirectPad Pro driver (parallel port) or the interface by Simon Nield (USB).
Unfortunately, neither supports the DC pad. So unless someone developes a new DC pad interface and offer it for free, there will not be a DC pad adapter. Just my guess tho.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
Yes,PS2 controllers have analog buttons.
Yeah the analog buttons on PS2 pad are really nice. I played the Metal Gear Sons of Liberty demo. If you peak around a corner using the shoulder button you can increase/decrease pressure to change how far you lean out to see. Also on the D-pad you can adjust pressure to walk or run. PS2 pad is sweet.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
ok, i think i understand now...
just want to make sure, is it like 3-state, or is there more?

i mean the 3 states are not-pressed, pressed lightly, and pressed heavily. is that it?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well as far as The D-pad on MG-SOL there are only the run and walk, But that's because of the game. However when I used the shoulder buttons: inc/dec pressure seemed to provide fluid movement in the amount you would lean when peeking around a corner.
I'm pretty sure that there isn't 100 settings, but there definitely is more than three.
I Hope that's a clear explanation.
Adair

1 - 17 of 17 Posts