Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fren just bought a 2 psx-like controllers that is connected w/ one LPT port. Meaning, 2 controllers w/ one wire. Say like twin in othe word. So, when my fren and I tried to play GT2 w/ the controllers, only Player 1 can control but Player 2 controller cannot. Instead, Player 1 controller controls BOTH P1 and P2 pads!! So, I wonder how to make both of the pads work? In Config of the pad of # 2, how come the Rumble options are disabled? Is that Epsxe doesnt support both dual pads to play and we need to play 1 pad and 1 keyboard????

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
well, tell your friend we need more specific info.
like, maybe what the name of the adapter is or at least what kind of driver it is using.
since its a lpt hookup, im going out on a limb and assuming its a dpadpro based adapter. if it is, you must make sure that both controllers are installed in seperate instances and have seperate IDs assigned in the game controller configuration menu under the control panel. once that is done, test and make sure that each controller is responding correctly.
once that is done, you should be able to configure each controller seperately in epsxe

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
just tell your friend to say that men who sold that thing to repair that, but if <Im not incorrect, that can´t be done because in that printer port, well...

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
im not incorrect, thats imposible

and, hey whats up whit my post? why where cut off?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> hey whats up whit my post? why where cut off?

You hit submit reply before you wanted to? I don't know.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can Work now but a bit jumpy???

I just got the pads to work. Wuhoo cool! Yeah, it uses dpadpro stuff and it work quite well for GT2 ;) . But one thing tho, how come on certain stages in the game, there will be like jumpy sequence? I already turned off the Rumble options. My fren's pc is

AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz
128 MB ram
Gforce 2 MX 32 MB

Using pete's d3d 1.52
800x600 32 bit color
Txture is:
-Less color
Dynamic <Recommended>
Using FPS limiter at 78FPS
Running GT2 on ISO

But w/o using the pads, it's like no jumpy sequence. This is very odd indeed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts