Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please tell me how to take the isos off of a PSX disk? I am new at this and I really want to try my epsxe emulator.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
either use CloneCD or Alcohol 120% (those are my favorites). each one has a preset for games, Game and Playstation, respectively.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
yes also give isobuster a try,isoproducer from aldostools.com and cdrwin.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
well i recommend cdrwin or isoproducer.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
WindHydra said:
Alcohol is not freeware... oO and isn't CloneCD discontinued?
yeah it is, i dont know why Dukenukem said it was...and CloneCD has been cancelled, yes. it's semi-abandonware...just wait for them to fully drop it and it'll be free :evil:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I downloaded the isoproducer it looks great, but I have a problem. How do you get it to work? I put in a PSX disk in the cd driver and everything and it still won't work.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Just use Alcohol120%. Much simpler.

P.S: Dont double post. Use the edit button.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you explain how to use Alcohol 120%? It looks harder then isoproducer. I'm new at this so I don't know how to use either.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
It's really easy to use. Select 'create image', set it to 'Playstation' mode, and go. You have to mount the disc as a virtual CD, but there should be not subchannel problems.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Chasecdt said:
Can you explain how to use Alcohol 120%? It looks harder then isoproducer. I'm new at this so I don't know how to use either.
if you'd click on the link that Reich posted you'll see that i did my best to make a tutorial :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alcohol 120% is amazing, but I'm having a problem with a couple of games. I can not make an image of Heart of Darkness or Ape Escape. Can somebody help me with this problem?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
what do you mean you can't? what happens when you try?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, let me explain what I did. First, I click on "Image Making Wizard", then I select the datatype "Playstation" and next. I name the Image and select the image format "CloneCD image file {*.ccd}". The problem I'm having is while it's making the image it'll complete half, then a massage pops up and says some sort of error. Did you have that problem?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Chasecdt said:
Ok, let me explain what I did. First, I click on "Image Making Wizard", then I select the datatype "Playstation" and next. I name the Image and select the image format "CloneCD image file {*.ccd}". The problem I'm having is while it's making the image it'll complete half, then a massage pops up and says some sort of error. Did you have that problem?
Try a lower read speed (4x), is your disc scratched?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts