Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
any of the pad plugins let you...your PSX controller is recognized by your computer as a regular controller. so just configure the buttons normally.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible to use a psx pad plugin in N64 emus?

I don't know what does what!So let's say i need to set the "x" or the "triangle key" how will i know what it does in a game so i can set in a n64 key?Its rather confusing!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
i think you are confusing the fact of "can you do it" with "will you like it".

you seem to already know that it's possible to use your PSX pad.

just do what allnatural suggested, configure them how you like. the PSX has 12 buttons, 2 joysticks, and a dpad, the N64 only has 10 buttons, one joystick, and a dpad. you'll figure something out ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok how abou that:

Can somebody tell me the configuration of Tony Hawks Pro Skater in N64?I mean what button does what,so i can adjust tha Pad accordingly!

Cause it would take a lot of testing to set them manually.

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
Oh, I see what you're asking now. You want to know what the main buttons are for N64 so you can line them up with the main buttons of your PSX Pad.

Here it is:

PSX -> N64
_______
X -> A
Circle -> B
Start -> Start
D-Pad -> D-Pad
Left JoyPad -> JoyPad
Right JoyPad -> C-Buttons
L1 -> L
R1 -> R
L2 (Because Z is commonly used to rotate the camera left) -> Z
________

This setup is similar to the Gamecube controller and is probably the set up you're after. Enjoy :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.