Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a PSX emulator which has the feature to pause the emulation and then advance one frame at a time? I want to know because I want to rip animations from Samurai Shodown 4 Special.

S

·
0 Posts
None of the PSX emulators that I know of, at this time, will do this.
But there may be a "tool" that would allow you to do this. Check out www.aldostools.com and see if Aldo has anything like that. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
i made my avatar using Gens sega emu and aldos capture just make your favorite move and then take screen shots several times and edit it w/ image utility i use print shop pro its hard but fun

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
How about Hypercam? :confused:

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Abster
Is there a PSX emulator which has the feature to pause the emulation and then advance one frame at a time? I want to know because I want to rip animations from Samurai Shodown 4 Special.

Use this gpu.. It's suppose to allow recording of psx games being played in psx emus.. YOu could try and use this to record the scenes in SS4.. Then watch them in a video file player.. frame by frame..

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you're running an ISO, you could try to save state before the place you want to take screenshots of, then use Petes plugins or whatever, and try putting the frame limiter to 1.. dunno if it'll work or not though, but it should...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using ePSXe to run SS4 Special. I have tried to use Hypercam but it can't record at 60 fps. I downloaded the GUI that fivefeet8 suggested. Now is this thing a plugin or what? And what folder would I put this in?

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, it is a GPU plugin made by Darkman. Put the .dll in ePSXe's plugins folder and then go to config video to select it. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
If you want to rip sprites and graphics in general then you should consider Neo Geo emulation. NeoRageX is a good program for sprite ripping and supports virtually all Neo Geo games, including SS4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See, what I'm doing is that I'm trying to make Cham Cham from SS4 Special for a 2d fighting game engine called Mugen. Cham Cham is not in the Neo Geo version of SS4. She is only in the PSX version. All the other animations such as hitsparks and that will be from the Neo Geo version, and I'm using NeoRageX to take care of those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drats. I need to have those 2048x2048 resolutions and I don't have them on my video card. I guess I'll have to wait until Darkman fixes those with that plugin...

·
Memories are all I have..
423 Posts
mn..........I think that another program came out for graphics ripping............
Ill go find the link and ill post it here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts