Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the psx emulator play the real english version games ot is it called PAL games ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You might need my system specs :
Windows 98 Second Edition

Graphics chip :
Riva TNT2 128-bit TwiN Texel 3D processor with a 142MHz clock engine.

128 mb ram

Video plug-in = Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.50
Sound plug-in = ePSXe SPU core 1.4.0.
CD-rom plug-in = ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.4.0.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Which game?
If it is FF9 UK it won't work no matter what.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but I'll try to give an answer. If by "the Real English Version" you are referring to games that are in English, then yes it does. EPSXe plays both US NTSC games in English and PAL games in English. I'm not sure which version of thegames you are using but ePSXe plays both US NTSC and Japanese NTSC games and it plays PAL games as well. PAL is simply the video standard used by Europe and NTSC is the video standard used by the United States and Japan. So what ever version of the games you're using, PAL or NTSC, EPSXE should play them. Please note that ePSXe does not run all games at this time. There are some games, both PAL and NTSC that do not work w/ePSXe at this time. As Raziel said, FF 9 UK Pal won't work at all w/ePSXe and neither will Parasite Eve 2 NTSC. But Quake 2 US NTSC does excellently w/ePSXe and I think the PAL version does as well. I hope this answers your question.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 5 of 5 Posts