Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1) There is no 1.

2) Is there a program out there that allows you to access the card in the DexDrive as a drive under Windows (or GNU/Linux), or otherwise copy arbitrary files to it (say, a 200KB image file, or a text file)? I know about Lindrive, but it seems very, very alpha from what I can see.

3) Do any emulators support DexDrives natively? So I could, for instance, play my PSX games on my lappy, then take them to my desktop, or to my actual physical PSX?

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
1. Nice spam addy..hehe, but some may be interested...so it gets past ole DW

2. So far Lindrive is the only application to attempt making a userspace driver for the DexDrive

3. Yes...The more recent emulator releases support Dex Drive formats natively

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) I removed 1. I apologize for the spam. I didn't realize that sort of message was against the rules. :/
2) Ugh. I hope Lindrive eventually makes it out of alpha.
3) Actually, that's pretty nice, but what I meant was if they support THE DEXDRIVE ITSELF natively. Not to read files generated with Dexplorer (or whatever), but to actually read and write to memory cards directly through the serial port and the DexDrive attached to it....... so I could play a game, pop out the memory card, take it across the apartment to my 'real' Playstation, and play with the saves, <b>WITHOUT</b> having to manually copy stuff over through the DexDrive.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
no emulator directly uses the dex drive, but the files themselves are supported. is it so much of a hassle to copy the files? :/

btw, we use BBcode, so you use [ ] instead of < > ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.